System locking up

mrdally204

Hello,

I've just recently been experiencing what appears to be a system lockup (as I'm typing this I realize I can hook up a monitor next time this occurs and maybe see something).  I am running version 6.1.1 (also occurred with 6.0.1).  I have a windows kvm running as well, both appear to be unreachable at the same time.  My question is how can I go about troubleshooting this.  From what I can tell the systemlog is only for the current boot which does not help in a system lock up situation.  Any help will be appreciated..

The Powerdown plugin saves the syslog as one of its last actions, and it provides a keyboard key combo (Ctrl-Alt-Del) to call it, as well as the machine power button.  That can often help, when you can't directly access the machine.  If you can Telnet/PuTTY in or get to the console, then typing the diagnostics command saves the diagnostics zip to the boot flash drive.

Thanks.  So I updated to 6.1.2 and had the same thing happen.  My recreate this time (and similar the last time).

I was on ly laptop and was browsing a file share I created on my Windows Virtual Machine running within unRAID

I double clicked a video file to play and it appeared to try and load the file.

A short wait and I closed the video player and tried to close Windows Explorer, it hung

Explorer crashed, I attempted to browse the file share again on the Windows Virtual Machine

The network location was unreachable and my video playback on my TV stopped at the same time.  unRAID was unreachable at this point via ssh

I plugged in a monitor and say unraid was still functional and sent a shutdown command.  When I booted back up unRAID came up fine, but the locations for the OS Install ISO and Primary vDisk Location were not set correctly (was set to a previous Windows VM I had installed)  This settings mistake has occured each time this lock up happens.  I changes the locations to the correct ones and the VM bots up.  Attached are logs

1. System becomes unresponsive

2. System boots up with wrong VM settings 

VM incorrect settings photo

My recreate holds.  I was able to hang the system again by doing the following

From a Windows 10 laptop, browse my VM Windows share (Windows 8 Pro on unRAID kvm with shared passed through drive)

Located a video file and double clicked to play.  File never started

Closed and repeated.

Attempted to close windows explorer, hung

Server no longer available on my network, web server down, ssh/telnet down, etc

Rebooted server, VM files location were incorrect and failed to load without modification.

• 2 weeks later...

Still having system lockups here, running 6.1.3 with no  success.  It would be at least a little comforting to know that I'm getting a little support for a paid product here.  Is anyone out there?  Judging by the repeat "system lock up/hangs" topics recently there appears to be an issue that is not yet addressed. 

Still having system lockups here, running 6.1.3 with no  success.  It would be at least a little comforting to know that I'm getting a little support for a paid product here.  Is anyone out there?  Judging by the repeat "system lock up/hangs" topics recently there appears to be an issue that is not yet addressed.

The forum is more for users helping each other, limetech staff does poke around some, but I suggest emailing Tom for more direct support. He will respond to emails, where forum contact is hit or miss.

Archived