Author Topic: Speedtest.net for unRAID 6.1+  (Read 15986 times)

Offline MyKroFt

Re: Speedtest.net for unRAID 6.1+
« Reply #240 on: January 06, 2017, 06:41:43 PM »
Not sure When but am running 6.3.0-rc6 and the plugin is no longer displaying result image data - just get the background graphic when clicking on a link in the list....

Myk
I'm on rc6 also. Only thing I noticed is I get a few 0 uploads which results in a blank image. Is there any missing data our 0 value data? Is the link a valid link? Did you run a manual test?

yes it was a manual test, just ran another manual and I am getting 0 on upload - download is ok, but no images - snip attached

Thanks
Myk
unRAID V6.3.0-rc6 Pro
Norco 4220, Supermicro - X9SCL/X9SCM, Intel® Xeon® CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz, 16GB Ram. 38TB Total
9 Dockers on 2X240G SSD Cache Pool
Air VPN - The air to breathe the real Internet

Offline clowrym

« Reply #241 on: January 07, 2017, 06:52:24 AM »
SO I've been testing speed on 2 of my servers for a couple months, results in the beginning were right where I would expect them. Since november though, there seems to be an issue. I have 150u/150d package & on other wired computers in the house I consistently get results I would expect. On my unpaid servers I get substantially less. Looking at the dates, I can't find any correlation between the dates results changed & any subtantial updates to unpaid, or plugins, so I can't seem to figure out what would be causing these results!!

Any Idea's? Has anyone else been tracking thats noticed anything similar?
24 Bay Rack Mount AIC Server Case from TAMS
Supermicro - X7DB8-X
Unraid Pro
Currently 2TB parity 13TB Storage, SSD 240GB Cache
16GB Ram
Powerconnect 6024 24Port 1Gb Switch
Second 10Bay Arca 3100r Testing Server

Offline dmacias

• Community Developer
    • unRaid_6.0 gitgub
« Reply #242 on: January 07, 2017, 11:16:49 PM »
SO I've been testing speed on 2 of my servers for a couple months, results in the beginning were right where I would expect them. Since november though, there seems to be an issue. I have 150u/150d package & on other wired computers in the house I consistently get results I would expect. On my unpaid servers I get substantially less. Looking at the dates, I can't find any correlation between the dates results changed & any subtantial updates to unpaid, or plugins, so I can't seem to figure out what would be causing these results!!

I updated the scripts. I added support for a different script also. The v1.0.2c is a completely different script. It doesn't give the speedtest image results though. 

Run some manual tests with the different versions and see if there's a difference.

Did you upgrade unRAID at all? There was some network problems on previous versions. Also it might indicate a problem with your server's connection or load conditions.
Board: ASRock C2750D4I 8X Avoton 2.40 Ghz  Case: SilverStone DS380 Memory: 2X Crucial 8GB ECC DDR3-1600Mhz
Parity:  2 x TOSHIBA_MD04ACA400 4TB  Drive Pool: WD20EARX 2TB, 2 x WD40EZRX 4TB, ST4000DM000 4TB, WD20EZRX 2TB
Cache: Corsair Force GT Series F120GBGT SATA III 120GB  Domains: Corsair Force GT Series F120GBGT SATA III 120GB

https://github.com/dmacias72

Offline bnevets27

« Reply #243 on: January 09, 2017, 06:59:34 AM »
Thanks for this great plugin dmacias!

I'm now wondering how I can publish the results to my apache web server.......Any ideas? I don't really have a clue myself.
What exactly were you looking for? The table or charts?
The table is good enough.  Or even just the images from speed test would work but I would prefer the table.

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline dmacias

• Community Developer
    • unRaid_6.0 gitgub
« Reply #244 on: January 09, 2017, 08:13:27 AM »

I'm now wondering how I can publish the results to my apache web server.......Any ideas? I don't really have a clue myself.
The table is good enough.  Or even just the images from speed test would work but I would prefer the table.

Sent using Tapatalk
I should be able to easily edit the results SpeedtestHistory.page into a separate php file that can be run under apache. It would just needed access to the speedtest.xml file from the flash drive.
Board: ASRock C2750D4I 8X Avoton 2.40 Ghz  Case: SilverStone DS380 Memory: 2X Crucial 8GB ECC DDR3-1600Mhz
Parity:  2 x TOSHIBA_MD04ACA400 4TB  Drive Pool: WD20EARX 2TB, 2 x WD40EZRX 4TB, ST4000DM000 4TB, WD20EZRX 2TB
Cache: Corsair Force GT Series F120GBGT SATA III 120GB  Domains: Corsair Force GT Series F120GBGT SATA III 120GB

Offline bnevets27

« Reply #245 on: January 11, 2017, 01:11:20 PM »

Sent using Tapatalk
I should be able to easily edit the results SpeedtestHistory.page into a separate php file that can be run under apache. It would just needed access to the speedtest.xml file from the flash drive.

That would be terrific!

Offline clowrym

« Reply #246 on: January 11, 2017, 02:49:39 PM »

I updated the scripts. I added support for a different script also. The v1.0.2c is a completely different script. It doesn't give the speedtest image results though. 

Run some manual tests with the different versions and see if there's a difference.

Did you upgrade unRAID at all? There was some network problems on previous versions. Also it might indicate a problem with your server's connection or load conditions.

Seem to have another issue with 1.02c, I would be expection 150up/down....

I am 6.3.0-rc6 and I do see the speeds I would expect when i look at my transmission downloads

Supermicro - X7DB8-X
Unraid Pro
16GB Ram

Offline dmacias

• Community Developer
    • unRaid_6.0 gitgub
« Reply #247 on: January 11, 2017, 03:19:07 PM »

Seem to have another issue with 1.02c, I would be expection 150up/down....

I am 6.3.0-rc6 and I do see the speeds I would expect when i look at my transmission downloads
Yeah that's zpeters' script. I sometimes get upload spikes of 300Mbps but my connection is about 120 down and 6 up. I have reported speed issues on his github also because any version after 1.02c I get half speed.

Did you try the 1.0.1 version? 1.0.1 and below are sivel's script? It's the most consistent for me. The latest commit had pre commit upload data to reduce effects on timing.

Offline clowrym

« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2017, 07:43:35 PM »
i did try 1.0.1, but my results are worse!! at least with 1.0.2c when i wasn't getting the spike's I was seeing what i expected

1.0.1 results:

Supermicro - X7DB8-X
Unraid Pro
16GB Ram

Offline dmacias

• Community Developer
    • unRaid_6.0 gitgub
« Reply #249 on: January 12, 2017, 08:07:04 AM »
i did try 1.0.1, but my results are worse!! at least with 1.0.2c when i wasn't getting the spike's I was seeing what i expected

1.0.1 results:

It sucks the 1.0.2c has those upload spikes though. It really skews the graph with a 1500Mbps upload. Looking at your original history graph the Oct drop in data speeds happen right after the release of 6.3 rc2. Do you know if you were on 6.3 then? The only other thing I can think of is the original scripts are reliant on python. So do you have and other plugin that might overwrite the version of python include with this plugin. The 1.0.2c doesn't require python.

Offline kizer

• Global Moderator
  • You think you're confused?
« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2017, 03:37:27 PM »
My normal upload is and its confirmed with my ISP 3Mbs now I'm seeing 4.15Mbs. Either my ISP has decided to be a bit more generous or something isn't working right. Lol
HTPC: AsRock ION 330 + XBMC Live
unRAID budget box: unRAID 6.2.4, Athlon x4 630 2.8GHz AMD, BIOSTAR A760G M2+, 8 GB DDR2 800 RAM, 11TB all WD Green, AOC-SAS2LP-MV8, Cooler Master 590, Corsair AX760, 240 GB SSD and lots of Sata Cables

Offline dmacias

• Community Developer
    • unRaid_6.0 gitgub
« Reply #251 on: January 13, 2017, 05:59:51 PM »

Sent using Tapatalk
Give this a try https://github.com/dmacias72/speedtest/archive/master.zip I included a symlink to /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml. I might include testing in the future as a standalone frontend.

Offline Capt.Insano

• Community Developer
« Reply #252 on: January 16, 2017, 09:16:47 AM »
Great plugin dmacias!

I have been using it pretty much since launch, there in lies the problem!!:

I recently moved house and moved ISP and I was eager to compare speeds and ensure no problems with my line: When I fired up the speedtest UI I realised that I have a total of 7579 results!! This stalls my browser (Firefox and Chrome) which prompts me to kill the script, if I allow the script to continue the webUI does load but it is impossible to navigate.

I realise that I could just delete the speedtest.xml from /boot/config/plugins/speedtest but that would mean I would lose all of my past data.

Would it be possible to set an option in the plugin to only keep X amount of weeks/months/years of results and then start deleting older ones, or even just keep X amount of results themselves?

As an intermediate solution; I went through the xml and realised that the earlier the result in the file the earlier it was in time although none of the xml entries have a date stamp on them so I just deleted the first half of the xml entries.

As always, thanks a million for your work in unRAID.

The Capt.

Offline bnevets27

« Reply #253 on: January 16, 2017, 10:45:59 AM »
Give this a try https://github.com/dmacias72/speedtest/archive/master.zip I included a symlink to /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml. I might include testing in the future as a standalone frontend.

Nice! Just dropped that into apache and it works.....when I copy over my speedtest.xml. Now I need to figure out how to get the symlink to work. I created one:

Code: [Select]
ln -s /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml /mnt/user/system/docker/appdata/apache/www/speedtest.xml
But that didn't work, then realized you have put /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml in the xml. How do I need to have the symlink setup? I'm using the Apache docker.

Offline dmacias

• Community Developer
    • unRaid_6.0 gitgub
« Reply #254 on: January 16, 2017, 02:46:03 PM »

Nice! Just dropped that into apache and it works.....when I copy over my speedtest.xml. Now I need to figure out how to get the symlink to work. I created one:

Code: [Select]
ln -s /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml /mnt/user/system/docker/appdata/apache/www/speedtest.xml
But that didn't work, then realized you have put /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml in the xml. How do I need to have the symlink setup? I'm using the Apache docker.

Sorry I didn't think of that. I was using my apache plugin. So I setup an Apache docker and I added a Host path: /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/ and Container path: /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/ and kept the symlink in www pointing to /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml.  Maybe there's a better way but that worked.