OwnCloud setup issues

levster

I was running the latest ownCloud from the gfjardim and updated it via the web admin page, probably something that I should have not done. Since then I could not access the ownCloud. I uninstalled it completely and tried to reinstall the same docker, and am now getting "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" message every time. I tried to unistal it again, removing the directory from the appdata, to no avail. If I leave the old directory in place, I get the following message - "Downgrading is not supported and is likely to cause unpredictable issues (from 8.2.1.4 to 8.1.4.2)".

What is the best way to get back to a stable installation?

Thank you.

PS. I removed the ownCloud docker, and even replaced the cache drive so that "no trace" of the old install was there. Reinstalled the onwCloud and still getting the "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" message. Any suggestions? I've attached the log.

owncloud_log.txt

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue...

Make a copy of your current Owncloud DATA...

Reinstall the OwnCloud docker... BUT point it at a new folder for the config.

Then login, update, shutdown.

Copy the contents of the old config folder to the new, Overwriting everything. start it up AND TADA.

Fantastic! I will try.

1. You did not update through the ownCloud page? I saw the update on the admin page. How do I point it at a new folder for the config?

2. I am assuming the the config folder, is the appdata folder?

I have another question about owncloud that perhaps someone can shed a light on.

When you create a folder though the owncloud app and directly copy files into it, those files show up when browsing those folders though the app and when sharing those same folders.  However, if you manually copy files through file explorer into one of those folders, those files do not show up while browsing through the app or shared links. I know that that sounds confusing. Sorry. Any idea how to be able to manually dump files into existing folders and then easily share them? I have a lot of pics/video files that I would like my friends/family to have access to, and it is easy to copy those images into shared folders, but those pics do not show up while browsing trough the app or shared links.

Lev

Lev I assume that's because they're not in the mysql database.  The way I'd do it is mount the folder you want to use as a dumping ground so to speak is by adding it as external local storage in Owncloud.

Not at home at the moment so can't offer any more info than that, but it is possible.

Lev I assume that's because they're not in the mysql database.  The way I'd do it is mount the folder you want to use as a dumping ground so to speak is by adding it as external local storage in Owncloud.

Not at home at the moment so can't offer any more info than that, but it is possible.

I tried looking into this option but cannot seem to find the way to add a mountable folder. I'll keep looking.

OwnCloud isn't setup to have files added manually... It should all be done through an OwnCloud Client or the web portal.

OK. So, is there a way to create a folder and have files copied or moved into it through the client? If I have multiple directories on my unRaid server, also running the owncloud app, and I want to be able to share some of that data with family, what is the best way to do that?

External Storage Support in apps.... you may have to activate it.  Then you find the settings in the admin settings.

OK. I activated the external storage in owncloud admin page. Now, I am beating my head against the wall as to how to add a local "external storage" folder. What is the proper syntax to add or create a folder hosted on one of the data drives within the unRaid system? Anything I try to enter into the configuration filed, except /mnt/ or /media/ gives a red square as invalid. Anything I try after the /mnt/*** or /media/*** also is invalid.  I think that I'm close, but...  no cigar...

You'll need to add that in the OwnCloud docker's config

The docker is only allowed to see what you give it in the config.

It can't see /mnt or anything you can, because it is in a virtual container.

I'm sorry, but I do not understand. Under the docker setting for the ownCloud, I can specify the location of the owncloud install. I do not see anything else to add additional paths. Is there somewhere else I need to be looking?

I'm sorry, but I do not understand. Under the docker setting for the ownCloud, I can specify the location of the owncloud install. I do not see anything else to add additional paths. Is there somewhere else I need to be looking?

You can add an extra path, fill in for example in the docker config

/pictures and map that to /mnt/user/pictures

then in the external storage add /pictures

You can add an extra path, fill in for example in the docker config

/pictures and map that to /mnt/user/pictures

then in the external storage add /pictures

Without thinking twice, I tried to add an additional path as you suggested, and... now owncloud will not come up.

I updated the app from with in it, and I guess that while adding a path it must have done something to break the install. Now, I cannot not get back into the application at all. I tried installing it under a different host path. Nothing. remove the docker and reinstall. Nothing. Any suggestions? All I am getting now is "This webpage is not available" message.

PS.

After some back and forth, I was able to reinstall the app and log back into it; updated it and copied back the old data, so nothing is lost. Back to square one of trying to add external storage. I am a little weary about trying to add container volume and host path. Will that again "break" the owncloud install?