HTTP://tower not working and IP address not working

bearking

my first install was from mac and last two tries windows 10 and tried both 6.1.4 and 6.1.6 same thing every time. im trying to install now on amd 4  core with msi motherboard, my other test computers are i3 gigabyte 1150 and i7 gigabyte 1155 all have the exact same problem. i have even tried a different router.

Just as an FYI:

I installed Unraid for the first time yesterday. Version 6.1.6

I had this exact same issue.

Firefox or IE11 from my Win7 box just wouldn't connect via host name or IP address.

I could ping it via host name though. DNS would resolve the name to the correct IP.

Just like bearking, it started working all by itself.

Very weird...

Another thing is that I changed the password on root and webgui doesn't make me logon.

It just goes right in.

I know the password did get changed because I have to use it at the console.

Just not the webgui.

I just did a clean install to v6 yesterday and I'm now encountering the same problem as the op.  When I was using v6 beta for testing purposes it would allow me to go straight to the web gui.  But now I get the same prompt in that picture the op posted.

So now, before I can enter webgui, I have to manually login at that prompt.  Enter "root" (no parentheses).  Since you haven't visited the webgui yet, then there will be no password prompt until you assign one in the webgui.

You should now be able to enter webgui.

I'm trying to figure out how to avoid this little inconvenience.

I just did a clean install to v6 yesterday and I'm now encountering the same problem as the op.  When I was using v6 beta for testing purposes it would allow me to go straight to the web gui.  But now I get the same prompt in that picture the op posted.

So now, before I can enter webgui, I have to manually login at that prompt.  Enter "root" (no parentheses).  Since you haven't visited the webgui yet, then there will be no password prompt until you assign one in the webgui.

You should now be able to enter webgui.

I'm trying to figure out how to avoid this little inconvenience.

There are 3 pictures in this thread from the original poster. Do you mean the picture in the first post? It should not be necessary to login to the console. I run headless and almost never login to the console. I just use the webUI and occasionally telnet for some command line stuff.

Do we have any sort of answer for this other that it just starts working i'm having the same issue. dns resolution works via ping. I can ping and ssh into the box but no web interface ... I also scanned it via nmap hoping that a web server was sitting on a odd port but no luck. The only services it found are ftp,net bios,ssh,status ( assuming logging server), telnet and a time server.

Thanks

Ryan

Do we have any sort of answer for this other that it just starts working i'm having the same issue. dns resolution works via ping. I can ping and ssh into the box but no web interface ... I also scanned it via nmap hoping that a web server was sitting on a odd port but no luck. The only services it found are ftp,net bios,ssh,status ( assuming logging server), telnet and a time server.

Thanks

Ryan

From telnet/ssh or console, type
diagnostics

The diagnostics zip file will be written to your flash log folder. Post it.

Hi,

"I'd try clearing out the browser cache and looking in my router for any possible problems."

sorry CHBMB I forgot to say I was unable to access across multiple machines and OSs. I think the web server was not starting due to the usb not mounting properly.

I ran the diagnostics... it said it completed successfully, but when I went to pull them off of the drive nothing was there. so I booted it back up and found out that the usb drive wasn't being mounted properly via lsblk. unRAID would boot from the drive but was unable to write to the drive. (I was using NTFS since my drive was a 64gb drive). so that got me thinking that the drive size might be the issue since your only options to format the drive as FAT32 beyond 32GB is using the hp tool or equivalent ( it would not boot for me when I tried the hp tool). I grabbed a 8 gig drive and threw unRAID on it (using windows to format  fat32 correctly this time). it booted up everything appears to be mounted correctly via lsblk and I have access to the web interface! so a couple of things you cannot install unraid with a drive bigger than 32 gb “ at least in my experience so far”. also I think there should be some notification of this limit or figure out why unRAID wont mount NTFS drives or drives formatted with the hp tool. at least a warning ... it should have occurred to me earlier but it was late. thanks for your help !!

Thank you

Ryan

you are correct but does it say fat32 with the hp tool does not count as fat32

Thanks

Ryan

I've not tried it with HP Tool but I think I remember a recent post from someone else that said HP Tool was the solution for them on getting FAT32 under Windows 10.

In any case, I have been using 16GB flash for years and have only used about 300MB of it so even that is overkill.

I read that post also but I can't remember if his problem was with the drive being to big or windows 10 not wanting to do fat32. At any rate its working but I see no way it would work in its current configuration with a drive larger than 32gb it is overkill but its what I had laying around.

Thanks