Tweaks needed for Nvidia cards?

I get my GT720 today and want to get a game plan together.  I have only ever used AMD cards to passthrough to VMs.  In my reading these forums, I see things mentioned like "msi enabled" and "acs override" but I have never had to do any of that with the AMD cards.

Is there anything special I will need to do with the GT720 in these respects?

TIA!

John

If you use this in OE/Linux, you will need to set the this in the sound.conf file, info below (I had thought JonP was going to have this done automatically, but it never worked for me):

The beta Openelec within 6.1 works, however I am witnessing audio issues where it will click..click...click.. continuously until reboot... I think this may just be an OE thing, as even on my 2 Pi's I have witnessed this (but not this bad) on the beta versions at times.

UPDATE: resolved !!!

create file in config folder of OE

.config/modprobe.d/sound.conf

and put line

options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1

ACS doesn't apply to any of this unless you have IOMMU grouping issues, and multiple devices within the same group that you don't want to pass to the VM (nothing specifically to do with Nvidia).

In Windows the easiest way to do it is use the utility located below (run as administrator) or follow the instructions to do it by hand here:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Manual_6#Enable_MSI_for_Interrupts_to_Fix_HDMI_Audio_Support

I have noticed that when I update my Win10 drivers that it goes back to the original off state, the utility makes this SO easy to set it back to on.

Not sure why it does this, but it does.

I recommend this tool from the instruction page for enabling MSI, it's way easier (and safer) than messing with the registry:

Edit: Here is utility for switching MSI-mode

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hr...i/MSI_util.zip

OK...I got further.

I am installing OE v6 Final (Official...not the LT template).  I had to do 3 things to get video and OE installed:

1.  I had to use OVMF (no video with Seabios no matter what I tried.

2.  I had to change the disk controllers to IDE (SATA wouldn't even work)

3.  Because of #2, I had to set machine type to 'pc-i440fx-2.3' as IDE is not supported in Q35 (at least that is what the popup said).

I'm going to going to play with settings to see if I can get seabios and/or Q35 to work.

I'm not going to create the sound.conf since I an getting clicking.

The VERY good news is that in the drop down list for audio cards in OE I can see my sound card + my AV receiver!  :)  My confidence is high that I will finally have HD bitstream audio.  W00t!

John