[Plugin] unbalanced

No sure if this helps however console shows:

Unraid login: /bin/bash: line 3: /usr/local/emhttp/pluginsunbalance/scripts/stop: No such file or directory

There's a slash missing /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unbalance/scripts/stop

If you just copy/pasted, it's strange that it would be missing.

Not sure either why it's unraid login the one complaining.

The login is just that the local terminal was sitting at the login prompt, and then the error got displayed next to it

Hi Ryland, did you change any rsync params ? Is the log showing anything unusual ?

No I didnt change any parameters from the defaults.  Where is the unbalance log file located so that I can take a look in them because im not seeing it in /var/log?

Hi Ryland, did you change any rsync params ? Is the log showing anything unusual ?

No I didnt change any parameters from the defaults.  Where is the unbalance log file located so that I can take a look in them because im not seeing it in /var/log?

It's /boot/logs/unbalance.log

I think this is the problem:

I: 2016/05/22 18:25:32 core.go:780: cmd(rsync -avX --partial "/mnt/disk2/TVShows/NCIS/NCIS 04x17 - Skeletons.avi" "/mnt/disk3/TVShows/NCIS")

The rsync is copying the file to "/mnt/disk3/TVShows/NCIS" which is a file and not and not "/mnt/disk3/TVShows/NCIS/" which would be the directory.

I: 2016/05/22 18:25:32 core.go:780: cmd(rsync -avX --partial "/mnt/disk2/TVShows/NCIS/NCIS 04x17 - Skeletons.avi" "/mnt/disk3/TVShows/NCIS")

The rsync is copying the file to "/mnt/disk3/TVShows/NCIS" which is a file and not and not "/mnt/disk3/TVShows/NCIS/" which would be the directory.

You're right  :o

One question ... what did you specify as folders in settings ... just TVShows or TVShows/NCIS ?

You're right  :o

One question ... what did you specify as folders in settings ... just TVShows or TVShows/NCIS ?

I selected TVShows/NCIS

Trying to move data around to get all my drives to XFS.

This error is being thrown:

W: 2016/06/01 16:56:55 shell.go:46: moveProgress:: rsync: mkdir "/mnt/disk4/TV Shows" failed: Permission denied (13)

Disk4 is the new drive inserted where I'm trying to move all the data to from the older Disk1.

Any advice on fixing it is greatly appreciated!

Hi, all. So I'm running into

MOVE: Move command (rsync -avX --partial --dry-run "/mnt/disk1/Files/Media/Videos/Movies/Synchronicity [2015].mkv" "/mnt/disk2/Files/Media/Videos/Movies/") was interrupted: exit status 3

when I try to move on a dry run and 

MOVE: Move command (rsync -avX --partial "/mnt/disk1/Files/Media/Videos/Movies/Ghost In The Shell Movies" "/mnt/disk2/Files/Media/Videos/Movies/") was interrupted: exit status 11

when I try to move on a non-dry run. (my log is attached)

unbalance.zip

Trying to move data around to get all my drives to XFS.

This error is being thrown:

W: 2016/06/01 16:56:55 shell.go:46: moveProgress:: rsync: mkdir "/mnt/disk4/TV Shows" failed: Permission denied (13)

Disk4 is the new drive inserted where I'm trying to move all the data to from the older Disk1.

Any advice on fixing it is greatly appreciated!

Hi Sean M.,

Are you running unbalance with the nobody user ?

What does

ls -al /mnt/disk

show ?

Hi, all. So I'm running into

MOVE: Move command (rsync -avX --partial --dry-run "/mnt/disk1/Files/Media/Videos/Movies/Synchronicity [2015].mkv" "/mnt/disk2/Files/Media/Videos/Movies/") was interrupted: exit status 3

when I try to move on a dry run and 

MOVE: Move command (rsync -avX --partial "/mnt/disk1/Files/Media/Videos/Movies/Ghost In The Shell Movies" "/mnt/disk2/Files/Media/Videos/Movies/") was interrupted: exit status 11

when I try to move on a non-dry run. (my log is attached)

Hi naturalcarr, I'll take a look at the log

Hi Guys,

I have a failed disk which is now automatically disabled by UNRAID and I'm trying to move the contents to other disks using unbalance... most of the contents have moved, but there are now two folders which have not completed, two different status code errors:

MOVE: Move command (rsync -avX --partial "/mnt/disk2/Other/.AppleDB" "/mnt/disk3/Other/") was interrupted: exit status 23

MOVE: Move command (rsync -avX --partial "/mnt/disk2/Backup/Hostaccino" "/mnt/disk3/Backup/") was interrupted: exit status 13

obviously I only get these errors when I enable one or the other folder and re-run.

also, I cant find the unbalance.log ... is it supposed to be in /var/log/ ?

Hi Guys,

I have a failed disk which is now automatically disabled by UNRAID and I'm trying to move the contents to other disks using unbalance... most of the contents have moved, but there are now two folders which have not completed, two different status code errors:

MOVE: Move command (rsync -avX --partial "/mnt/disk2/Other/.AppleDB" "/mnt/disk3/Other/") was interrupted: exit status 23

MOVE: Move command (rsync -avX --partial "/mnt/disk2/Backup/Hostaccino" "/mnt/disk3/Backup/") was interrupted: exit status 13

obviously I only get these errors when I enable one or the other folder and re-run.

also, I cant find the unbalance.log ... is it supposed to be in /var/log/ ?

Hi, the log is at /boot/logs/unbalance.log

unBALANCE version 1.5.2 is out.

I changed the default rsync command to be

rsync -avRX --partial "share/folder" "/mnt/destDisk"

The -R flag means

-R, --relative              use relative path names

The source argument is now a relative path and the destination argument is just the disk target.

This should solve folder creation issues on the destination disks, as per various answers on StackOverflow and such.

I updated to 1.5.2 but now I can't calculate the moves. unBalance is showing 0 bytes across the board for my drives and shows what you see in the attached image. Also, I never noticed it before, but my server's console shows this after boot:

/bin/bash: line3: /usr/loval/emhttp/plugins/unbalance/scripts/stop : No such file or directory found

EDIT: Attaching my log.

unbalance.png.2804165c4936a1cf97daa518f6400501.png

unbalance.zip

I updated to 1.5.2 but now I can't calculate the moves. unBalance is showing 0 bytes across the board for my drives and shows what you see in the attached image. Also, I never noticed it before, but my server's console shows this after boot:

/bin/bash: line3: /usr/loval/emhttp/plugins/unbalance/scripts/stop : No such file or directory found

That seems like a typo /usr/loval/emhttp/. Should read /usr/local/emhttp/  :o

Published 1.5.3

It should work now (fixed an incorrect param while requesting disks space data).

Please make sure that your rsync params are set to either -avRX --partial or include the -R flag.

I will publish a new version soon, which will consider custom flags without -R, so that it will work optimally.

That seems like a typo /usr/loval/emhttp/. Should read /usr/local/emhttp/  :o

Mybad, it was local, (I was typing that from a KVM console, not a copy/paste). I'm also still getting exit error 23.

Seems like it is erroring with status 23 due to a leading slash in the relative path, and thus is cannot find the source path...

ie. in the logs it has:

rsync -avRX --partial "/Other/.AppleDB" /mnt/disk3/

but it should be:

rsync -avRX --partial "Other/.AppleDB" /mnt/disk3/

First off - this app is super useful - thanks for this.

I did several stupid things, and now I am stuck. I have been migrating all contents from 2 drives to a new larger one. I have been doing it, one folder at a time. I was on the home stretch and I had unBalance moving my TV share folders from one disk and honestly - forgot about it (5 hour run). Later, I was on another pad and I saw the updated unBalance app, so I immediately updated it. (Stupid me!)

Instant loss of communication with the running app from anyplace. (previous version of unBalance running and I train wrecked the existing app so all that was running is in memory.) Crud. That was dumb.

And the carnival of errors continues...

Next, since I was incommunicado with my process that was running (said unBalance was installed and running but no access to Web UI), I thought, well, perhaps I should restart the server to gain control of unBalance. So, unRaid tries to spin down but couldn't unmount since unBalance was in progress. Now, no unRaid communication either. I knew it was a tug of war but eventually, unRaid would dismount and shut down.

This morning, I could restart unRaid. UnBalance now has a Web UI (and is updated). But now when I try to start from where I left off...I get a message that unBalance was interrupted and I should check the log. I cannot restart my task. Is there something else I should do to get things moving again?

Here is a summary of the status shown when I tried to reselect disk 1 and continue the MOVE:

MOVE: Started: Jun 9, 2016 06:44:00

MOVE: Ended: Jun 9, 2016 06:44:00

MOVE: Elapsed: 129ms

MOVE: Move command (rsync -avX --partial "/TV Shows/STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION" /mnt/disk3/) was interrupted: exit status 23

MOVE: These are the commands that were executed:

and the Error dialog at the top:

OPERATION FEEDBACK

Move operation was interrupted. Check logs for details.

FYI I manually rsynced the remainder of my data across to the other drive...

One thing I noticed is some permissions issues... unBalance is running as user nobody, but for some reason there are some folders owned by user 'root' (maybe due to some manual moves I've done via console).

So perhaps part of my fix was when I updated the folder ownership back to 'nobody' (recursively), for both the source folders AND the target folders... Just in case that helps anyone else out there (maybe alternative would be to run the 'new permissions' fix in Unraid)

First off - this app is super useful - thanks for this.

I did several stupid things, and now I am stuck. I have been migrating all contents from 2 drives to a new larger one. I have been doing it, one folder at a time. I was on the home stretch and I had unBalance moving my TV share folders from one disk and honestly - forgot about it (5 hour run). Later, I was on another pad and I saw the updated unBalance app, so I immediately updated it. (Stupid me!)

Instant loss of communication with the running app from anyplace. (previous version of unBalance running and I train wrecked the existing app so all that was running is in memory.) Crud. That was dumb.

And the carnival of errors continues...

Next, since I was incommunicado with my process that was running (said unBalance was installed and running but no access to Web UI), I thought, well, perhaps I should restart the server to gain control of unBalance. So, unRaid tries to spin down but couldn't unmount since unBalance was in progress. Now, no unRaid communication either. I knew it was a tug of war but eventually, unRaid would dismount and shut down.

This morning, I could restart unRaid. UnBalance now has a Web UI (and is updated). But now when I try to start from where I left off...I get a message that unBalance was interrupted and I should check the log. I cannot restart my task. Is there something else I should do to get things moving again?

Here is a summary of the status shown when I tried to reselect disk 1 and continue the MOVE:

MOVE: Started: Jun 9, 2016 06:44:00

MOVE: Ended: Jun 9, 2016 06:44:00

MOVE: Elapsed: 129ms

MOVE: Move command (rsync -avX --partial "/TV Shows/STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION" /mnt/disk3/) was interrupted: exit status 23

MOVE: These are the commands that were executed:

and the Error dialog at the top:

OPERATION FEEDBACK

Move operation was interrupted. Check logs for details.

I'm pretty sure your problems now are the same as I noted earlier, in that the 'relative' path is wrong on source... which will need to have the unBalance author fix, unless you want to manually rsync via command line...

@Saxy.

I suspected the same, and I would probably take the same path you did - manual relocation of the remaining data. I'm just concerned about what Parity might think about that. I can wait a while to see if jbrodriguez has any input. It was working swimmingly until I messed it up with my shenanigans and that too quick update finger. I don't know what possessed me - I usually wait a week to update - especially on anything that I am using at the time. It was a dumb move.

• jbrodriguez changed the title to [Plugin] unbalanced