Container access network (samba) share?

huladaddy

Yes. that's true. But it can't, and so that's why I'm asking here... :/

Like is there a way to execute a "mount -t cifs" using a docker container so that the mount can be seen inside the container?

Ahhh, get you.  i didn't know Emby definitely couldn't....

Haven't looked at the link, but if you can mount a smb share with mount locally on Unraid that might work, then map that mount into the docker config.  Rather than just mapping into that specific container...

Yes. that's true. But it can't, and so that's why I'm asking here... :/

Like is there a way to execute a "mount -t cifs" using a docker container so that the mount can be seen inside the container?

Ahhh, get you.  i didn't know Emby definitely couldn't....

Haven't looked at the link, but if you can mount a smb share with mount locally on Unraid that might work, then map that mount into the docker config.  Rather than just mapping into that specific container...

Now you're getting it... ;)

And check out that link!

I think dockers can only see mounts that were available when the docker service started, so you may need to stop and restart the docker service after doing the SMB mount.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was scratching my head on that one! You are correct. Once I restarted the docker service, the smb shares were seen by the container! That Unassigned Devices plugin is masterful. Essential! I hope gfjardim is alive and well and will continue to provide support of this plugin as well as treat us to new goodies in the future!