[Support] binhex - MovieGrabber

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-moviegrabber in the binhex repo.

Application: MovieGrabber - https://github.com/binhex/moviegrabber

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-moviegrabber/

GitHub: https://github.com/binhex/arch-moviegrabber

Documentationhttps://github.com/binhex/documentation

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer  :D

btn_donate_SM.gif

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

Edited by binhex
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Trying to get Moviegrabber working with Apache Reverse Proxy. not having alot of success, I do have others working (NZBGet, Sonarr, NZBHydra etc..)

Is it possible to set the URL BASE somewhere in MovieGrabber ?  Any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

seems there is a pull request for what you need. Hopefully binhex can find some time and merge it.

you quite right, there is a PR for reverse proxy support, its quite old and will take some work to integrate in as the dev branch has moved on quite a bit since then and i dont want to do the work for both master and dev branches, but if i get some time in the coming week i will take a look.

• 3 weeks later...

finally a DONATE button!

asked for it years ago in the SAB thread - : - )  -> sent you a few beers

doesnt seem like the version number has been updated. wondering if there has been any improvements released after 2.2.0b9?

Hi neo_x yeah I know the donate button was a long time coming for moviegrabber eh :-). Thanks for the beer money BTW, really appreciated!.

So yes there are some significant differences with the latest Dev branch and the master branch of moviegrabber, I've redone a lot of code and added in a shed load of torrent index site support, keep in mind though that this is Dev and therefore some things are broken, such as post processing, trying to find time to fit in coding and juggle docker Dev is a tricky feat but I have not abandoned my beloved moviegrabber and I personally rely on it all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been having trouble trying to get moviegrabber working for some time now but cant find what i have done wrong.

When i click run now i dont get anything in history or que. Nothing comes in my watch folder.

Could you look at my config and see if you can see whats wrong.

Many thanks

ok ive spotted one issue, so at the moment you must have a positive search criteria, you cant just specify negative search criteria, i can change this in the future but for now you must enter something for must exist, or may exist search fields, try that and report back.

Thankyou. I am beginning to get somewhere now  :)

However of my indexers only nzb geek seems to be finding movies, yet config is exactly the same.

Also could you tell me what spotweb support is please? I googled it but didnt find anything that related to it.

Also another problem i have is sab isnt scanning my nzb folder, but i will post that in the correct thread.

Is the best way to stop foreign language movies just to add to must not. As alot dont have language in title, but in nfo.

And one last question! `For moviegrabber to check my existing movies they need to each be in their own folder, correct?

My whole collection is just in one folder with metadata. Is there an easy way i could move all movies with metadata to individual folders

using something like filebot?

usenetconf.png

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Still use this brilliant piece of software, have not found anything better.  Maybe I'm missing something?  I've tried CoachPotato and Rdarr, neither seem to parse the newgroup feeds, letting me know what is available rather than maintaining lists of things I might want.  This way you discover many things that likely would not have.  

I guess I'm in the minority on this?  Would be great to revive this project.

24 minutes ago, jbear said:

Still use this brilliant piece of software, have not found anything better.  Maybe I'm missing something?  I've tried CoachPotato and Rdarr, neither seem to parse the newgroup feeds, letting me know what is available rather than maintaining lists of things I might want.  This way you discover many things that likely would not have.  

I guess I'm in the minority on this?  Would be great to revive this project.

nice to know its still in use, i personally rely on MG for my movies, i have never used CP and don't really want to. The project isnt dead, its just in a holding state until i get around to it, i have big plans for MG, complete re-write, new UI, the works!, ive learnt a lot since i originally coded it up several years ago, and am keen to make it faster and cleaner than ever.

so once i have all my automation in place for the docker images i produce i will hopefully move my focus onto whipping MG into shape, no timeline at the mo but i would love to get back on it by middle of this year, might see some good results by the end of this year.

one question for you, you use usenet i see, can i ask what index sites MG is still working with?, im using only torrent sites right now so i have no idea which of the usenet index sites still work and which dont.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

nice to know its still in use, i personally rely on MG for my movies, i have never used CP and don't really want to. The project isnt dead, its just in a holding state until i get around to it, i have big plans for MG, complete re-write, new UI, the works!, ive learnt a lot since i originally coded it up several years ago, and am keen to make it faster and cleaner than ever.

so once i have all my automation in place for the docker images i produce i will hopefully move my focus onto whipping MG into shape, no timeline at the mo but i would love to get back on it by middle of this year, might see some good results by the end of this year.

one question for you, you use usenet i see, can i ask what index sites MG is still working with?, im using only torrent sites right now so i have no idea which of the usenet index sites still work and which dont.

Hi Binhex

reverse question lol. which torrent providers are you running on MG?

13 hours ago, Neo_x said:

Hi Binhex

reverse question lol. which torrent providers are you running on MG?

im running all of the torrent indexers available, some of them have changed their api/rss feeds and thus are broken but limetorrents and extratorrent i believe are working ok, possibly others, this will all be fixed when i get time, i have a few torrent indexers in my sights that i want to include, no private sites for now. tbh ive had such good results from public trackers that private sites imho arent really required nowadays.

On 4/18/2017 at 1:32 PM, binhex said:

I use nzbplanet.net, nzbfinder.ws and newztown.co.za

As far as I can tell, they are working :)  

How do you get it to actually look for a Movie? In CP you actually entered the name of a movie for it to look for, I can't find that option in moviegrabber?

That's the while point, you don't have to do that, you grab movies based on IMDb criteria, it works well and you will find even worth large movie collections MG will start downloading movies for you that you never knew existed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Great so how does it work?

You simply define your imdb criteria like minimum vote count, your minimum rating, etc etc and if the movie matches all your criteria then it's either queued for your review or auto downloaded to watched folder.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk