APC 9617 setup on Unraid 6

Slimer

What are the proper settings to connect to an APC 9617 Network Management card in Unraid 6. I've looked, but can't find a simple explanation of the setting pages.

I have tried:

UPS Cable: Ether

UPS Type: Net

Device: IP address of APC 9617

But it just bitches about losing communication with the UPS. I gather the device is wrong or there are some other settings required, not shown on the screen?

What are the proper settings to connect to an APC 9617 Network Management card in Unraid 6. I've looked, but can't find a simple explanation of the setting pages.

I have tried:

But it just bitches about losing communication with the UPS. I gather the device is wrong or there are some other settings required, not shown on the screen?

Is 'pcnet' available for ups type?  If not, telnet to unraid and edit the /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf.  Test using 'apctest' command.  Away from server, so didnt verify path.

I have tried:

Is 'pcnet' available for ups type?  If not, telnet to unraid and edit the /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf.  Test using 'apctest' command.  Away from server, so didnt verify path.

Thanks I read the manual for the file and it looks fine. I almost think it is bitching about the authentication, but I just reset it in the APC web interface.

Thanks I read the manual for the file and it looks fine. I almost think it is bitching about the authentication, but I just reset it in the APC web interface.

Append username:password to the address of the management card.

Yes, already did that, but it still does not connect.

Apctest returns cannot connect socket (38)

When I run netstat I don't see anything on port 3052, so I'm not surprised that apctest fails.

OK, I think I've tried everything now.  >:(

I added UnRaid as a client in my UPS settings, added the UPS to the hosts file, played with various passwords (apparently length can make a difference). I still can't connect and now it's no longer saving the UPS settings, so I guess my Flash drive is upset. I also installed APCUPSD in Windows with the same results, it will not talk to the UPS. I even tried the net interface, but that did not work either. I have no trouble getting into the card using the admin user, device user or Telnet. The status from the card is OK.

So either it's an authentication problem of the port is being blocked somehow. I did disable the firewall in Windows, but still no joy.