Unraid becomes Unresponsive after a day or two Please help!

So for about the last month my copy of Unraid 6.1.7 has become very unreliable. After a day sometimes two I cannot access the web GUI. I try to shutdown over telnet to no avail. So I usually force powerdown then just deal with the 13 hour parity check.

This is not ideal and is not how my unraid 5 worked so Im looking for some help to get to the root of the problem. I was just able to run a diagnostics and save the zip and not even 2 minutes afterward Unraid was showing cpu utilization pegged at 100% and became completely unresponsive yet again. Thank you all for your time.

Specs are

Unraid 6.1.7

Sempron 145

4gb Ram

ASUS M4A88T-M LE AM3

tower-diagnostics-20160213-1257.zip

I have two servers running with Semprons without any issue.  I am running a base system  with only a few plugins none of which are involved in acquiring media or playing therefore. 

I would suggest a complete list of everything you have installed on your system and be sure that if upgraded from ver 5 without 'wiping' the flash that you double check to see that you don't have any leftover ver 5 plugins! 

Also run a memtst from the flash drive.  Select at boot. 

Attach a diagnostics file (Tools, Diagnostics) to your next post. 

Thank you for the responses. Yes I agree the Sempron is old but Im merely using Unraid as a media server no VM and basically no plugins.

The plugins Im using are:

Prelcear Disks  ver. 2015.11.18

Powerdown Package (2.19)

Open Files ver. 2015.12.18

UnBALANCE ver. 1.3.4

Community Applications ver. 2016.02.20

Dynamix webGUI ver. 2016.02.09

Unraid Server OS 6.1.8

Also Yes I did completely format and start fresh on my USB drive for V6. I also just noticed that my Disk Settings is set as XFS I don't recall setting that up It must have been defaulted.

I attached my diagnostics zip in the first post it was literally taken 2 mins before Unraid become completely unresponsive.  If that one does not show any errors I can try to get another diagnostics zip.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had Unraid become unresponsive and unable to shutdown requiring a forced powerdown the last few days.  I tried to shut it down by using open files plugin to kill all then proceed to shutdown using the built in shutdown. My syslog im attaching shows me using open files at Feb 23 05:52 to kill all connections then I tried to shutdown. As you can see I came home from work and the computer was still on and unaccessible via GUI so I used telnet to powerdown via powerdown package 2.19 command which still did not shutdown the computer that is at Feb 23 16:02. So I used diagnostics command gathered the files and force shutdown.

Any help on why my sytem hangs on shutdown would be appreciated. Thank you

tower-diagnostics-20160223-1625.zip

I have had Unraid become unresponsive and unable to shutdown requiring a forced powerdown the last few days.  I tried to shut it down by using open files plugin to kill all then proceed to shutdown using the built in mechanism. My syslog im attaching shows me using open files at Feb 23 05:52 to kill all connections then I tried to shutdown. As you can see I came home from work and the computer was still on and unaccessible via GUI so I used telnet to powerdown which did nothing that is at Feb 23 16:02. So I used diagnostics command gathered the files and force shutdown.

Any help on why my sytem hangs on shutdown would be appreciated. Thank you

Have a look at this replacement powerdown function:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31735.0

Thanks Frank, Yes I have Powerdown Package 2.19 Installed and actually used it via telnet with the powerdown command before posting my last comment.

I am not an expert in analyzing system.log but I did have a look through it. I did not see any thing being loaded that should give a problem except for these three plugins which you listed in an earlier post.

Open Files ver. 2015.12.18

UnBALANCE ver. 1.3.4

Community Applications ver. 2016.02.20

I know nothing about any of them.  You might try removing them one at time and see if one of them is causing a problem.

Thanks for the input. Im deleting UnBALANCE to see how that goes. I had this problem before installing Open Files. I installed it to try and figure out what was causing the hang. Thank you Squid I had been using Open Files to kill all before attempting a shutdown but of course im blind and didnt notice the shutdown command from inside it. I will give that a shot tonight when I shutdown the computer!