Possible smart issues and read errors on Data disk/Plex Library location

FrankJH

trurl advised to create this as I'm getting 300 read errors  (compared to 4 million reads and nearly 1/4 million writes) on a disk 1 of my array which also happens to be location of the plex library.

I think , but I cant be positive, that these errors only occurred once I moved the library onto this disk recently.

Ive attached the diagnostics from the server also which trurl identified some SMART issues (although the server passes health checks on the diagnostics page for this disk?)

Happy to take the disk out of the array and replace it with a 3TB WD Red drive - parity is still 12 or so hours from completing so wont be able to do this until tomorrow some time hopefully.

Any further advice appreciated

tower-diagnostics-20160219-2131.zip

Disk5 also has 1 pending sector, just 1 could be a false positive, but either way I would stop the parity check and rebuild disk1, if you're running a correcting check and there are sync errors check all files on the rebuilt disk with checksums if you have them, if you don’t, compare all files against the original disk1.

thank you both, apologies I didn't realise there were different kinds of parity check otherwise I would have taken further note before it finished earlier this AM.

Interestingly enough I took off Plex library  from disk 1 (and for testing purposes put it into RAM for time being) and all the errors immediately disappeared - I have changed that disk for the 3TB WD Red I mentioned earlier and that's adding itself now.

The console is not showing any errors on any other disks so hopefully as you mentioned disk5 is a false positive (for the moment anyway, but will keep an eye on it)

I rescued all the media off disk 1 before I took the disk out, it looks ok but will keep in mind I may need to re-rip any/all of it.

Thanks again