The Synology Thread

MvL

This is continuation of this conversation.

Many thank you's for this release!

Not had any issues...

[offtopic]

I have a pro license since 2013. I not always used unRAID but always followed the forums. unRAID has awesome community. Instead of using unRAID I used a Synology NAS. At the moment I'm considering selling the Synology because I use unRAID for a week now (6.2 beta18). unRAID gets better with every release. I'm planning a new unRAID build because my current unRAID server can only hold 5 drives. Thumbs up Limetech!

[/offtopic]

Many thank you's for this release!

Not had any issues...

[offtopic]

I have a pro license since 2013. I not always used unRAID but always followed the forums. unRAID has awesome community. Instead of using unRAID I used a Synology NAS. At the moment I'm considering selling the Synology because I use unRAID for a week now (6.2 beta18). unRAID gets better with every release. I'm planning a new unRAID build because my current unRAID server can only hold 5 drives. Thumbs up Limetech!

[/offtopic]

[offtopic]

I have an synology too, 1511+. My plan is to keep it and once the new DSM comes out I will backup all the data on it (some will be moved permanent to unraid) then i will set it up with SHR2 and use it for backups for the unraid :)

[/offtopic]

I have a RS2413+, RX1214 and RS815+ bought second hand for really good price. At the moment I want to sell the Synology 2413+, RX1214 and keep the RS815+. What I don't like about the Synology that they are underpowered for the services I want to run. So I transfer that to the unRAID server. The next awesome feature of unRAID is that I can use SMR drives!!!

Yeah, Linus has made really great videos of unRAID. I also use Plex on my Unraid server because i need the power. At the moment I run all third party apps on unRAID (Docker) and only official Synology apps on the Synology. I think I'm also going to use the RS815+ for cloud and back. Not completely sure of the cloud yet. I also like Owncloud...