Can't access shares from Windows and WebGUI unresponsive

Hi,

I built a new unRaid server several weeks and I'm in the process of copying data from an older NAS onto this.

It's using decent server hardware and Seagate 8TB drives. All of the drives went through 3 rounds of preclear before being used.

I'm currently using 6.2.0 beta 19 and have utilised 2 parity drives.

I copied over approximately 10TB of larger files (mostly my film rips) and although it has taken a few days that went ok.

I was in the process of copying over about 300GB of photos and the server has had a cow.

I had a single share setup called Temp, and under that created another directory called "From HP" and under that there were lots of other directories.

From windows I can get to my server and can click on the Temp share. I can also see and click on the "From HP" directory, but then nothing and it eventually times out.

The unRaid webgui works, but it's also pretty slow.

I currently have another two 8TB Seagate drives going through the preclear process, but apart from that nothing else has been running.

I have two SSD's which will be used for cache, but currently these are not enabled within unRaid.

No dockers or anything else setup yet, but I do have a number of plugins (see attached pic 1).

There's nothing from the main page that indicates there is anything wrong with any of the drives (see attached pic 2).

I've had a look at the syslog and I can't see anything in there which would indicate where the problem is and/or where to look.

I do have an error message in the console window (see attached pic 3) ;

cat: write error: no space left on device

I have seen a few threads that might indicate that the USB may be corrupt or that the Dynamix system stats plugin may be causing that issue.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33206.0

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=41998.msg409085;topicseen#msg409085

I have also attached the zip file from the diagnostics tool.

I haven't rebooted or tried anything yet (in case I lost diagnostic information).

Does anyone have any idea what has/is causing the issue with not being able to access the only share on the box?

unraid-diagnostics-20160327-1639.zip

Thanks for the response.

I've attached the output of both.

It appears that the Preclear Disks Beta plugin has a 125MB log file.

What's the process of clearing down a log file? (I assume it's likely to fill it up again before its completion, so I'll have to do it more than once)

Is there any way to extend the size of the var/log directory?

So if the log directory fills up that tends to have the affect of affecting the shares?

I'm running the System Stats plugin from 2016.03.19 which is reporting it's up to date.

unraid_20160327_5jpg.jpg.805a4ac79e01e3669b568aec17c1a633.jpg

You can extend the allocated memory by using the following command (in this case it is extended to 256MB from default 128MB)

mount -o remount,size=256m /var/log 

When you put this command in your go file as well, then upon each reboot extension is performed automatically.

Perhaps best to ask in the separate preclear topic on this forum about managing the log file.