unRAID randomly stops sharing shares

smakovits

Last week I was messing with my cache drive when things got all out of whack.  My shares all vanished and things were not right till I rebooted.  However, because I was messing with my docker config folder on the cache drive only, I thought the issue was with the cache drive causing the entire array and its shares to stop sharing.  At the time I replaced the cache drive, rebooted and got going again.

Until last night that is, when I was creating a new folder on one of my shares.  I was using my windows 10 computer, created new folder, but when I tried to rename it, windows reported I needed permissions to do so.  I then tried going to one of my other shares when it started to prompt for credentials.  This was the same behavior as last week and suddenly I knew. 

I pulled down the diagnostics and rebooted, at which time order was restored.  However, this is two weeks in a row that my shares simply stopped sharing, forcing me to reboot.

One thing to note is that I could access the individual disks fine still, it what just the share themselves that were suddenly broken.

The diagnostic file is within 5-10 minutes of noticing what was going on.

tower-diagnostics-20160416-2127.zip

Hmm. Wonder if that's also why I have been seeing my log partition filling up then.  Seems to only make sense as I wouldn't expect it otherwise.

In the past I just ran the command to increase it to 256mb. Guess maybe it got sick of throwing errors and started breaking so I took a closer look.

Good news is the drive replacement yields an extra tb of storage.

Thanks. 

If it does it again,  I'll report it Beck here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Archived