Force select Docker/VM traffic through second NIC

Is there a way to force a docker (or VM, but a docker is more convenient) to only use a specific NIC? This way, I can have my router force that traffic through a VPN tunnel based on the IP of that NIC. I'm on 6.1.9 right now, but could upgrade to 6.2 beta 23 if the new networking tools would help. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I just set up an RPi as an outbound VPN, and pointed my server to it. However, it means that I can no longer access Plex while outside the home.

Given that I have two NICs in my server, I was wondering the same question as you: is it possible to route all traffic for sabnzbd + Sonarr to the NIC using the VPN gateway, but keep all other traffic, including Plex, through the other NIC connected to the router's non-VPN gateway?

Did you ever find out a way around this?

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I just set up an RPi as an outbound VPN, and pointed my server to it. However, it means that I can no longer access Plex while outside the home.

Given that I have two NICs in my server, I was wondering the same question as you: is it possible to route all traffic for sabnzbd + Sonarr to the NIC using the VPN gateway, but keep all other traffic, including Plex, through the other NIC connected to the router's non-VPN gateway?

Did you ever find out a way around this?

Much easier to use Binhex's SabnzbdVPN docker and point sonarr to the VPN docker's privoxy port.

Much easier to use Binhex's SabnzbdVPN docker and point sonarr to the VPN docker's privoxy port.

Oh MAN! I just finished setting it up. Works a treat, and yesterday when I did a test d/l while it was connected to the RPi it was only at 2.5MB/s, but now it's at a near-full 7.5MB/s, so I think the RPi was acting as a bottleneck.

Now to learn a bit about privoxy...