Mover not moving files, Code 23 error in log

Hello everyone,

I am currently running Unraid v6.2.0-rc1, running 5 dockers (Sickrage, SABnzbd, Plex Media Server, Deluge and Couchpotato) on a box with Intel Core I3, 12 GB of RAM.

The issue I have had is that my cache drive is running low on space ,and mover does not seem to be moving share files from the cache drive to the array.  In the log I notice a bunch of errors that show in the log:

"rsync error:  some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1178) [sender=3.1.2]"

I have tried restarting the array and fixing permissions with no luck.  Diagnostics file is attached.

Any help you all can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

mob-diagnostics-20160710-0852.zip

This is the actual error returned.

Jul  8 15:40:39 MOB shfs/user0: shfs_setxattr: lsetxattr: system.posix_acl_access /mnt/disk1/TV (22) Invalid argument
Jul  8 15:40:39 MOB root: rsync: set_acl: sys_acl_set_file(TV, ACL_TYPE_ACCESS): Invalid argument (22)

As to its exact meaning / cause I'm not sure.  Best guess and its a wild one at that is that your dl client is setting some extended attributes on the files, and reiserfs is having a cow about it....

Were the affected files in the process of being downloaded or were otherwise incomplete at the time the error occurred? The mover won't normally try to move a file that's growing but I believe that downloaders typically allocate the whole space for the file and then fill in the missing bits as they become available. If the mover tries to move such a file it's contents might be changed during the process.

• 1 year later...