Docker Updates - How to Check if Working

Just sitting here are realized that I cannot remember the last time I saw an update available for any of my dockers which is unusual because I typically see them quite frequently.  If I run a manual check, they all come back as Up To Date and I do not see any errors in my syslog.  Is there a better way to see if my server is able to successfully check for updates?

That being said, my entire unRAID server sits behind an openvpn connection via pfsense and I have wondered if this could be a factor (where is has not been in the past).

FYI...I do see Community Applications auto-update very often so at least that is working.

John

X50UGv6.png

Well.. I have screw... eh.. updated tvheadend unstable a few times the last days, so it should have had an update ready.

Do your TVH containers update on restart?  I'm thinking they must as I am sitting at the version shown below and I don't remember seeing an "Update Ready" recently.

Build: 4.1-2140~gf34fac1 (2016-07-11T19:51:04+0000)

Well.. I have screw... eh.. updated tvheadend unstable a few times the last days, so it should have had an update ready.

Do your TVH containers update on restart?  I'm thinking they must as I am sitting at the version shown below and I don't remember seeing an "Update Ready" recently.

You're on 6.1.9 right? I also have problems getting updates to show on my 6.1.9 server. I have to force updates. I guess it have to do with the docker hub api change.Will probably not be fixed as 6.2 is RC now and the problem is fixed there.

None of my containers update on restart.

You have the latest version of tvheadend, but not the container. I messed up stuff when trying to add support for common interface, so it should have been an update ready.

You're on 6.1.9 right? I also have problems getting updates to show on my 6.1.9 server. I have to force updates. I guess it have to do with the docker hub api change.Will probably not be fixed as 6.2 is RC now and the problem is fixed there.

You have the latest version of tvheadend, but not the container. I messed up stuff when trying to add support for common interface, so it should have been an update ready.

6.1.9 is currently broken in regards to updates for docker images, it's 100% to do with docker hub api changes as I ran wireshark to see what API call dockerman is making and it's now making incorrect requests, issue raised but I don't hold out much hope.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6.1.9 is currently broken in regards to updates for docker images, it's 100% to do with docker hub api changes as I ran wireshark to see what API call dockerman is making and it's now making incorrect requests, issue raised but I don't hold out much hope.

Thanks for confirming docker-updates are broken on 6.1.9. I ran into this problem to. Removing a docker and reinstalling it seems to be the only way to force an update.

Thanks for confirming docker-updates are broken on 6.1.9. I ran into this problem to. Removing a docker and reinstalling it seems to be the only way to force an update.

NP, the workaround is left click the icon in unraid webui, select edit, change nothing and click on save, this forces it to pull down the latest image

Can't you just turn on Advanced View and force and update that way?

In a word, no, you need to edit the container to force the update at the moment

No

You can also force an update going to advanced view - > force update.

+33,1

I just did that earlier.

Can't you just turn on Advanced View and force and update that way?

In a word, no, you need to edit the container to force the update at the moment

No

You can also force an update going to advanced view - > force update.

+33,1

I just did that earlier.

I stand corrected, your perfectly right, i was thinking of the check updates button, I so rarely use that view, good to know there are two ways to keep things going, at least for now.