[SUPPORT] pihole for unRaid - Spants repo

See Spaceinvader One's setup video here: 

I wrote the template that pulls in the Official Docker Container from PiHole. I swapped over from my unofficial one a long time ago that that a fully supported version could be distributed. Make sure that your repository for pihole is = pihole/pihole:latest and not the old diginc repository.

If you use the latest tag, you should have v 4.0.0-1. The release tags are here: https://hub.docker.com/r/pihole/pihole/tags/ 

The last update to the docker image was 12 days ago. Apparently you should not do an update within the docker image (that was what diginc said - although that may have changed)

If you have a problem with the docker image, you should ask about it here: - https://discourse.pi-hole.net/ or on the github here:- https://github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole/issues

*** Updated Nov5 2017***

New Version2 of the Template for the pihole docker. 

===== the text below may have been superseded, check the video first ====

NOTE:

**** The directories have changed so that you will need to recreate your blacklist/whitelist. These are not overwritten so that you can find them in your original appdata folder. Use the admin front end to add them. ***

This docker need ports 53 (dns) and 80 (web) to work correctly. Change your Unraid admin port to 81 or use the new Docker IP functionality in unraid v6.4 to give it its own ip address.

Variables:

ServerIP = IP address of the Docker(v6.4) or the unraid server that it is running on.

DNS1/2 = The passthrough DNS Server (default = Google)

IPV6 = Whether IPV6 is supported or not (default = False)

TZ = Timezone for log rotation etc

WEBPASSWORD = admin password for the web frontend (no morre ssh needed!)

INTERFACE = Net interface that it should listen on (br0 is the default one)

DNSMASQ_LISTENING = Interface for DNSMASQ events (default all)

The Docker source is here: https://github.com/diginc/docker-pi-hole  with instructions. I just made the template!.

Older - archive:

Please see https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=50453.msg500761#msg500761 and use his scripts to clean the docker

I have changed the template to suit = thanks dirrtyjoe

Here is a new version of unRaid-hole which uses the proper pihole sources.

This was forked from https://github.com/diginc/docker-pi-hole - he did all the hard work. I had to remove the IPV6 reference and write a template and how to.

It is currently marked as BETA because it needs some manual steps to make it work:

1) **** Change your default port for unRaid ****

in your /boot/config/go file you will need to set your webui port to something other than 80, so that pihole can serve up blank pixels instead of adverts. I have set mine to port 81:

# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp -p 81&

2) in your appdata/pihole directory, it will have created 3 directories. Delete these directories and create 3 files (of the same name):

touch blacklist.txt whitelist.txt pihole.log

If you don't do this, it will not start.

3) the log file grows quickly. Use a cron job to delete it each night:

create a file called pihole.cron in the /boot/config/plugins/pihole directory, with these contents:

# Pi-hole: A black hole for Internet advertisements
# (c) 2015, 2016 by Jacob Salmela
# Network-wide ad blocking via your Raspberry Pi
# http://pi-hole.net
# Updates ad sources every week
#
# Pi-hole is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
# it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
# the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.

# Your container name goes here:
#DOCKER_NAME=pihole-for-unRaid
#PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

# Pi-hole: Update the ad sources once a week on Sunday at 01:59
#          Download any updates from the adlists
59 1    * * 7   root    docker exec pihole-for-unRaid pihole updateGravity > /dev/null

# Pi-hole: Update the Web interface shortly after gravity runs
#          This should also update the version number if it is changed in the dashboard repo
#30 2    * * 7   root    docker exec pihole-for-unRaid pihole updateDashboard > /dev/null

# Pi-hole: Parse the log file before it is flushed and save the stats to a database
#          This will be used for a historical view of your Pi-hole's performance
#50 23  * * *   root    docker exec pihole-for-unRaid dailyLog.sh # note: this is outdated > /dev/null

# Pi-hole: Flush the log daily at 11:58 so it doesn't get out of control
#          Stats will be viewable in the Web interface thanks to the cron job above
58 23   * * *   root    docker exec pihole-for-unRaid pihole flush > /dev/null

(I need to confirm that this is correct!!!!)

Start the pihole-for-unRaid docker and then set your DNS on your computers to use the ipaddress of the unRaid server.

You can change server details and dns details in the template.

Let me know how you get on!.

Edited by spants
updated
  • Like 4

Interesting.  I'll give this a go, but wondered if you'd tried getting it working without needing to change the emhttp port?  Wonder if there's some way to get emhttp to serve the blank pixel images?  Only thing is that may cause some problems with the what I believe is single threaded approach of emhttp....

Guest spants01

No, delete the folders and then create the files using the touch command. Then restart the Docker.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

It did work Amazing

I have one request could change the port 80 to anything eles

Since i  use it the tvheadend did stop stream and when i change the the port for unraid back to 80 but the tvheadend problem still there

So i hope you can do anything about it

great work keep it up

It did work Amazing

I have one request could change the port 80 to anything eles

Since i  use it the tvheadend did stop stream and when i change the the port for unraid back to 80 but the tvheadend problem still there

So i hope you can do anything about it

great work keep it up

I already asked this above.  It's not possible to change the port.  Incidentally I don't think that this is anything to do with your TVH problem as that doesn't use port 80 or any of the ports required here afaik.

Can't seem to get this working.  :-\

Have the docker running in host mode (won't ruin in other network modes). I can access the admin page but pihole doesn't seem to be accepting dns requests. No activity is noted in the admin page. I have dual nics on my rig so not sure if that is causing problems? Thanks for your hard work!

what does the log say?

Its working the log dont have any error

its show blocking dns

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

W: [pulseaudio] main.c: Unable to contact D-Bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: //bin/dbus-launch terminated abnormally without any error message

29/07/16 04:25:30 kill disconencted [0] timeout [60] sec

pRRScrPriv 0x7efd40
rdpScreenInit: ret 1
InitOutput: out
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc/, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/TTF/, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/OTF/, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/, removing from list!
rdpSpriteDeviceCursorInitialize:
rdpPointerWarpCursor:
rdpPointerNewEventScreen:
InitInput:
rdpMouseCtrl:
rdpChangeKeyboardControl:
Obt-Message: Xinerama extension is not present on the server
rdpChangeKeyboardControl:
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:30 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat7/common/classes], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]

Jul 29, 2016 4:25:30 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat7/common], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]

Jul 29, 2016 4:25:31 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat7/server/classes], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]

Jul 29, 2016 4:25:31 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat7/server], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]

WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat7/shared/classes], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]

WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat7/shared], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]

Jul 29, 2016 4:25:31 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina initDirs
SEVERE: Cannot find specified temporary folder at /tmp/tomcat7-tomcat7-tmp
Fontconfig warning: ignoring C.UTF-8: not a valid language tag

Openbox-Message: Unable to find a valid menu file "/var/lib/openbox/debian-menu.xml"
Starting X app...
ok: run: openbox: (pid 86) 1s
Fontconfig warning: ignoring C.UTF-8: not a valid language tag

Jul 29, 2016 4:25:31 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:31 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 349 ms
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:31 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService startInternal
INFO: Starting service Catalina
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:31 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine startInternal
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.52 (Ubuntu)
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:31 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT.war
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:31 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext postWorkDirectory
WARNING: Failed to create work directory [/var/lib/tomcat7/work/Catalina/localhost/_] for context []

Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion

04:25:32.924 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO o.g.g.n.b.r.a.BasicTokenSessionMap - Sessions will expire after 60 minutes of inactivity.
04:25:33.003 [localhost-startStop-1] WARN o.g.g.n.b.extension.ExtensionModule - The "auth-provider" and "lib-directory" properties are now deprecated. Please use the "extensions" and "lib" directories within GUACAMOLE_HOME instead.
04:25:33.085 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO o.g.g.n.b.w.t.WebSocketTunnelModule - Loading Tomcat 7 WebSocket support...
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:33 AM com.sun.jersey.guice.spi.container.GuiceComponentProviderFactory register
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.activeconnection.ActiveConnectionRESTService as a root resource class
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:33 AM com.sun.jersey.guice.spi.container.GuiceComponentProviderFactory register
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.clipboard.ClipboardRESTService as a root resource class
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.connectiongroup.ConnectionGroupRESTService as a root resource class
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.connection.ConnectionRESTService as a root resource class
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.language.LanguageRESTService as a root resource class
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.schema.SchemaRESTService as a root resource class
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.auth.TokenRESTService as a root resource class
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.user.UserRESTService as a root resource class
INFO: Registering org.codehaus.jackson.jaxrs.JacksonJsonProvider as a provider class
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:33 AM com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl _initiate
INFO: Initiating Jersey application, version 'Jersey: 1.17.1 02/28/2013 12:47 PM'

Jul 29, 2016 4:25:33 AM com.sun.jersey.guice.spi.container.GuiceComponentProviderFactory getComponentProvider
INFO: Binding org.codehaus.jackson.jaxrs.JacksonJsonProvider to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "Singleton"
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:33 AM com.sun.jersey.guice.spi.container.GuiceComponentProviderFactory getComponentProvider
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.activeconnection.ActiveConnectionRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.clipboard.ClipboardRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.connectiongroup.ConnectionGroupRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.connection.ConnectionRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.language.LanguageRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.schema.SchemaRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.auth.TokenRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.user.UserRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:33 AM org.apache.jasper.EmbeddedServletOptions <init>
SEVERE: The scratchDir you specified: /var/lib/tomcat7/work/Catalina/localhost/_ is unusable.
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:33 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/guacamole.war
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:33 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext postWorkDirectory
WARNING: Failed to create work directory [/var/lib/tomcat7/work/Catalina/localhost/guacamole] for context [/guacamole]

04:25:34.939 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO o.g.g.n.b.r.a.BasicTokenSessionMap - Sessions will expire after 60 minutes of inactivity.
04:25:35.004 [localhost-startStop-1] WARN o.g.g.n.b.extension.ExtensionModule - The "auth-provider" and "lib-directory" properties are now deprecated. Please use the "extensions" and "lib" directories within GUACAMOLE_HOME instead.
04:25:35.021 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO o.g.g.n.b.w.t.WebSocketTunnelModule - Loading Tomcat 7 WebSocket support...
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:35 AM com.sun.jersey.guice.spi.container.GuiceComponentProviderFactory register
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.activeconnection.ActiveConnectionRESTService as a root resource class
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:35 AM com.sun.jersey.guice.spi.container.GuiceComponentProviderFactory register
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.clipboard.ClipboardRESTService as a root resource class
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.connectiongroup.ConnectionGroupRESTService as a root resource class
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.connection.ConnectionRESTService as a root resource class
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.language.LanguageRESTService as a root resource class
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.schema.SchemaRESTService as a root resource class
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.auth.TokenRESTService as a root resource class
INFO: Registering org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.user.UserRESTService as a root resource class
INFO: Registering org.codehaus.jackson.jaxrs.JacksonJsonProvider as a provider class
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:35 AM com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl _initiate
INFO: Initiating Jersey application, version 'Jersey: 1.17.1 02/28/2013 12:47 PM'

Jul 29, 2016 4:25:35 AM com.sun.jersey.guice.spi.container.GuiceComponentProviderFactory getComponentProvider
INFO: Binding org.codehaus.jackson.jaxrs.JacksonJsonProvider to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "Singleton"
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:35 AM com.sun.jersey.guice.spi.container.GuiceComponentProviderFactory getComponentProvider
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.activeconnection.ActiveConnectionRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.clipboard.ClipboardRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.connectiongroup.ConnectionGroupRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.connection.ConnectionRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.language.LanguageRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.schema.SchemaRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.auth.TokenRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
INFO: Binding org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.rest.user.UserRESTService to GuiceManagedComponentProvider with the scope "PerRequest"
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:35 AM org.apache.jasper.EmbeddedServletOptions <init>
SEVERE: The scratchDir you specified: /var/lib/tomcat7/work/Catalina/localhost/guacamole is unusable.
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:35 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
Jul 29, 2016 4:25:35 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 4273 ms
Jul 29 05:17:01 89726b51c9ec /USR/SBIN/CRON[170]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Jul 29 06:17:01 89726b51c9ec /USR/SBIN/CRON[173]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Jul 29 06:25:01 89726b51c9ec /USR/SBIN/CRON[176]: (root) CMD (test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily ))
Jul 29 07:17:01 89726b51c9ec /USR/SBIN/CRON[254]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Jul 29 08:17:01 89726b51c9ec /USR/SBIN/CRON[257]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Jul 29 09:17:01 89726b51c9ec /USR/SBIN/CRON[260]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Jul 29 10:17:01 89726b51c9ec /USR/SBIN/CRON[263]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Jul 29 11:17:01 89726b51c9ec /USR/SBIN/CRON[266]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Jul 29 12:17:01 89726b51c9ec /USR/SBIN/CRON[269]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Jul 29 13:17:01 89726b51c9ec /USR/SBIN/CRON[272]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Jul 29 14:17:01 89726b51c9ec /USR/SBIN/CRON[275]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Jul 29 15:17:01 89726b51c9ec /USR/SBIN/CRON[278]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Jul 29 16:17:01 89726b51c9ec /USR/SBIN/CRON[281]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Jul 29 17:17:01 89726b51c9ec /USR/SBIN/CRON[284]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
18:08:03.709 [http-bio-8080-exec-5] INFO o.g.g.n.b.rest.auth.TokenRESTService - User "aae0c252-791c-40ef-96ad-497b9d56fba1" successfully authenticated from 192.168.1.253.
guacd[296]: INFO:	Protocol "rdp" selected
Jul 29 18:08:04 89726b51c9ec guacd[296]: Protocol "rdp" selected
guacd[296]: INFO:	Connection ID is "$2f2af8cf-5c06-4fb1-a165-274d45937af1"
Jul 29 18:08:04 89726b51c9ec guacd[296]: Connection ID is "$2f2af8cf-5c06-4fb1-a165-274d45937af1"
guacd[296]: INFO:	No security mode specified. Defaulting to RDP.
Jul 29 18:08:04 89726b51c9ec guacd[296]: No security mode specified. Defaulting to RDP.
guacd[296]: INFO:	Loading keymap "base"
guacd[296]: INFO:	Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
Jul 29 18:08:04 89726b51c9ec guacd[296]: Loading keymap "base"
Jul 29 18:08:04 89726b51c9ec guacd[296]: Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
Jul 29 18:08:04 89726b51c9ec XRDP[88]: (88)(47269587685376)[iNFO ] A connection received from: 127.0.0.1 port 56946
Jul 29 18:08:04 89726b51c9ec XRDP[88]: (88)(47269587685376)[iNFO ] An established connection closed to endpoint: 127.0.0.1:56946 - socket: 8
Jul 29 18:08:04 89726b51c9ec XRDP[297]: (297)(47269587685376)[iNFO ] An established connection closed to endpoint: NULL:NULL - socket: 7
guacd[296]: INFO:	guacsnd connected.
guacd[296]: INFO:	Starting client
guacd[296]: INFO:	guacdr connected.
Jul 29 18:08:04 89726b51c9ec guacd[296]: guacsnd connected.
Jul 29 18:08:04 89726b51c9ec guacd[296]: Starting client
Jul 29 18:08:04 89726b51c9ec guacd[296]: guacdr connected.
18:08:04.376 [http-bio-8080-exec-1] INFO o.g.g.net.basic.TunnelRequestService - User "aae0c252-791c-40ef-96ad-497b9d56fba1" successfully connected to "MakeMKV".
Jul 29 18:08:04 89726b51c9ec XRDP[297]: (297)(47269587685376)[WARN ] local keymap file for 0x0409 found and dosen't match built in keymap, using local keymap file
guacd[296]: INFO:	Using fallback PATBLT (server is ignoring negotiated client capabilities)
guacd[296]: INFO:	Using fallback PATBLT (server is ignoring negotiated client capabilities)
Jul 29 18:08:08 89726b51c9ec guacd[296]: Using fallback PATBLT (server is ignoring negotiated client capabilities)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, from the other topic.

I can't actually paste the log from the docker as its blank, seems to me the pihole docker is not running far enough for the docker log to start.

Hello, i've been trying to get the pihole beta to run but i'm not having any luck.

I've followed the config instructions but to no avail.

This is what is output from the log:

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker 'start' 'pihole-for-unRaid'

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver kernel: device vethc33dc02 entered promiscuous mode

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver kernel: docker0: port 8(vethc33dc02) entered forwarding state

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver kernel: docker0: port 8(vethc33dc02) entered forwarding state

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver kernel: docker0: port 8(vethc33dc02) entered disabled state

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver avahi-daemon[2548]: Withdrawing workstation service for vethad963a9.

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver avahi-daemon[2548]: Withdrawing workstation service for vethc33dc02.

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver kernel: device vethc33dc02 left promiscuous mode

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver kernel: docker0: port 8(vethc33dc02) entered disabled state

Any idea?

Hi - thanks for trying it out.

Please can you use this topic: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=50453.msg486072#msg486072

You will need to get the log from the docker itself = the notepad icon on the line of the docker (I think your log is from the main unraid log?)

Hello, from the other topic.

I can't actually paste the log from the docker as its blank, seems to me the pihole docker is not running far enough for the docker log to start.

Hello, i've been trying to get the pihole beta to run but i'm not having any luck.

I've followed the config instructions but to no avail.

This is what is output from the log:

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker 'start' 'pihole-for-unRaid'

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver kernel: device vethc33dc02 entered promiscuous mode

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver avahi-daemon[2548]: Withdrawing workstation service for vethad963a9.

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver avahi-daemon[2548]: Withdrawing workstation service for vethc33dc02.

Aug 21 11:49:11 Fileserver kernel: device vethc33dc02 left promiscuous mode

Any idea?

Hi - thanks for trying it out.

Please can you use this topic: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=50453.msg486072#msg486072

You will need to get the log from the docker itself = the notepad icon on the line of the docker (I think your log is from the main unraid log?)

I guess that other dockers are running ok? That's strange as it just installs and runs ok for me.

Not sure how to debug without logs. What version of UNRAID are you using?

Tony

I think so. As it is easy to setup, why not give it a go and let me know what you prefer.

For disclosure- I don't use them as I have ad blocking on my router = http://www.snbforums.com/threads/beta-ab-solution-1-08-beta2-is-out.34021/

I took that approach. I like the dashboard and logging so I'll keep it! Thanks!

But... I'm receiving the following error when trying to add to the whitelist from the web interface:

==> /var/log/nginx/error.log <==

2016/08/30 20:02:04 [error] 239#239: *21 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: error_log(/var/log/lighttpd/pihole_php.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/admin/php/add.php on line 3" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.206, server: , request: "POST /admin/php/add.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.1.188", referrer: "http://192.168.1.188/admin/list.php?l=white"

Any idea why I'm running into this or how to resolve it?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for creating this.  After having pi-hole running for days/weeks I get the following error logs when trying to load the pi-hole gui:

2016/09/23 14:57:19 [error] 242#242: *49 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 93 bytes) in /var/www/html/admin/data.php on line 176" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.131, server: , request: "GET /admin/api.php?summaryRaw&getQuerySources HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.1.252", referrer: "http://192.168.1.252/admin/"
2016/09/23 14:57:19 [error] 242#242: *44 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 96 bytes) in /var/www/html/admin/data.php on line 176" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.131, server: , request: "GET /admin/api.php?summary HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.1.252", referrer: "http://192.168.1.252/admin/"
2016/09/23 14:57:19 [error] 242#242: *50 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 96 bytes) in /var/www/html/admin/data.php on line 176" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.131, server: , request: "GET /admin/api.php?getForwardDestinations HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.1.252", referrer: "http://192.168.1.252/admin/"
2016/09/23 14:57:19 [error] 242#242: *47 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 96 bytes) in /var/www/html/admin/data.php on line 176" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.131, server: , request: "GET /admin/api.php?overTimeData HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.1.252", referrer: "http://192.168.1.252/admin/"
2016/09/23 14:57:19 [error] 242#242: *48 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 96 bytes) in /var/www/html/admin/data.php on line 176" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.131, server: , request: "GET /admin/api.php?getQueryTypes HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.1.252", referrer: "http://192.168.1.252/admin/"

These are the requests to the backend for the graph content, and the end result is that the graphs never load (you're left with spinning 'loading arrows').

It's discussed in the following github page, and you may need to upgrade php-fpm version:

https://github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole/issues/375

I'm available to test anything you need to.  I'll also try to fix it myself if/when I have the time.

I moved to diginc's repo as it is "directly" tied to the pi-hole development (https://hub.docker.com/r/diginc/pi-hole/). I took spants' template, changed the repository to: 'diginc/pi-hole:alpine' and the docker hub URL to: 'https://hub.docker.com/r/diginc/pi-hole/'.

diginc added a parameter to meet the necessary changes that urged spants to create his container, which is disabling IPV6 support so if you add a new container variable:

Name: Key 4

Key: IPv6

Value: False

Default Value: False

you should be up and running as spants designed but using the container that follows the pi-hole development a bit closer. Been running for a few weeks and haven't had an issue.

One other thing I did was install the User Scripts plugin and then create the cron script in: /boot/config/plugins/user.scripts/scripts/pihole/ (following the plugin structure, the script is named 'script'). Then I edit the UserScript settings to run it at the interval of my choosing (each morning).

My script looks like (just converted the cron file):

#!/bin/bash

DOCKER_NAME=pihole

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

#          Download any updates from the adlists

docker exec $DOCKER_NAME pihole updateGravity > /dev/null

# Pi-hole: Update the Web interface shortly after gravity runs

#          This should also update the version number if it is changed in the dashboard repo

#docker exec $DOCKER_NAME pihole updateDashboard > /dev/null

# Pi-hole: Parse the log file before it is flushed and save the stats to a database

#          This will be used for a historical view of your Pi-hole's performance

#docker exec $DOCKER_NAME dailyLog.sh # note: this is outdated > /dev/null

# Pi-hole: Flush the log daily at 11:58 so it doesn't get out of control

#          Stats will be viewable in the Web interface thanks to the cron job above

docker exec $DOCKER_NAME  pihole flush > /dev/null