Missing SMB shares after updating to 6.2.0

TheOneWhoIsMany

Hi Guys,

Recently updated my unRAID server to 6.2.0 RC4 through the web interface after updating all of the network share are missing I have checked the disks and all the data is intact and I have been able to pull a couple of files off the drive using FTP. Thinking that maybe the shares had just been lost during the upgrade I attempted to recreate the share using the web interface however as soon as I clicked Add Share the next page says "Share test has beeen deleted".

I have also done a couple of other things

- Checked the Global Share Settings, sharing is turned on.

- Checked the SMB settings everything looks normal.

- Looking at the diagnostic logs I can see the shares still exist.

Here are links to my full syslog and diagnostics.

diagnostic report - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av_WsW7gU_RFg79N-vzieCogiUZcbg

syslog - https://1drv.ms/t/s!Av_WsW7gU_RFg79O9b38il9QD-FLkQ

Any idea what the issue could be?

thanks

What did you update from?

Any top level folder on cache or any array drive is automatically a user share, so I don't know why you say they are missing. Maybe a screenshot?

Do you have any ad blockers in your browser? If so, whitelist your unRAID server.

For future reference, diagnostics already includes syslog so no need to post syslog, just diagnostics.

Thanks for the reply trurl,

in response to your questions

- I performed the update through the Web Interface plugins update menu.

- The unRAID server is already white listed in my browser.

- Noted thanks regarding syslog.

I've taken some screenshots of the what I'm seeing. See below.

The Shares menu displays no user shares.

y3mwelQZ0LfwIDTG-h3nhd_tGqvKg8HR3rbrZDscxfsDly_j0jFEGibGG0kCPe3XqZnVrWfgavDyPFfjZnHUgwVNoUMYMBag9SOXLtWfKE17BHmRGCUN_a7qHx881hSVZnjyPf0R6UN0Be3bPn7A-eQblHEz5s4mNxcWDeQxo5LMzA?width=1024&height=692&cropmode=none

If I create a test share and click add share the next screen says the share has been deleted.

y3mcIfZQpy00_Ug8vua6T6GTxMCDIaKhy_UBqLDJWLU0lpLhv71XKV4A1b_2OVPRphQyRhVsoi-PZrgafJUujBydPp9uFtbAd9bqf_QvKv0IvTpAwk21CLJohgK6cjkJcZIFfHNmAMfCkLkLYijQfAQ5oYviwY1RVXW3ZZfrkUF_fI?width=1024&height=692&cropmode=none

y3mxHDNqGFNk8m4RLFJS0XpPCelONavAaLWnfpVPo3vCwmBb1sHJMWKWxsUIZzX1YiGSfcYRNNVMFXXum8DMosWYc8O9-8cGrIolnyd78A6RCOOV2K0GospkYNu0oVHkQ78wWSkSk8Jd-MBA5tODrfVCEqn2tdrKx1Tlm5OORvGLnk?width=1024&height=692&cropmode=none

if I look at /boot/config/shares I can see all the share cfg files.

y3m9WuIovKjByj7gPYRAN3LZC1_-b6EI5eq0rtOPhnvZCNWQrJNmWIhLKiuEWVBDfRH3DRd4G-Wiy0unD9R_SekoNqpC7878XUrsTtaEGOfgAUmbeuu0sbxiIhhpBvu8LxcDaeVxejhKV7gtcUk0VB4hfcSqw1wh9kkHVMW6b8robw?width=666&height=65&cropmode=none

If I look at any of the config files they appear normal.

y3mkh_hX9Iwy4RI5KGTflnNPuSRk_74Ei2ml_5zqi09mziCLUe230d1V2gVVAWS1o32F0mR7voziCqGYVAvhw65uI5WthEjYvH2icOiWjmiar3pTDeA2qcQlDDY7r55qN6BmUPvDlDyW8I_lBPz85uWPvMjAbBNHlpOyiYNHLj8k10?width=666&height=477&cropmode=none

What I meant to ask is what version of unRAID did you upgrade from?

There is also a config/shares.cfg

What is in that file?

What does your Global Share Settings look like?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Make sure you don't have any other plugin updates that need to be applied.

If you're running any Adblock Programs or Antivirus programs that scan http make sure you have your unraid server whitelisted. We've seen issues in the past with some other pages not being fully populated with adblockers/antivirus when the server isnt whitelisted.

In my last situation i had to put my server in the http scanning exclusion list for Eset Nod32.

But definitely run a checkdisk on your usb thumb drive as well.

I think that its that a couple of your shares are set to be cache-only but you don't have a cache drive.  (Did you once?)

I seem to recall that you may not be able to set this through the GUI since this should be an impossible situation, so you may need to edit the files themselves.

Go through all the files in config/shares, and edit any of them that say shareUseCache="only" (or "yes") to be shareUseCache="no"  (Any text editor will work for this)

After that, reboot the server.

chkdsk has already been mentioned.

I'd delete all of the individual share cfgs, along with shares.cfg reboot and see what happens.  After that if it still isn't working then post another diagnostics which will hopefully at least have some of the errors that were there before from the cache=only settings gone and maybe something else will appear

The listing of /mnt/user would seem to indicate that your shares are there. Can you access their files/folders normally over the network?

Seems like a problem with your browser. Cleared browser cache? Tried other browsers? Your screenshots seem to indicate adblock plus has this whitelisted. Anything else that might be keeping your browser from working correctly with this?

Thanks,

Yes I know the shares are there and I know the config file is in place I confident that this is not a simple browser issue this previously worked before updated to RC4 and I have tried different browsers on different computers.

If I browse to the server the only share that is visible is the "flash" share. This couple of the fact that I am unable to even create new shares indicates that there is something else thats probably causing this issue.

y3mcuWC1dQg0zcEcFXkYRQiq1GCi1-Dy7dGCauD9f_mbYuQyUrpC2ZpXYysz5NhtlwNDeqwA6VzgDVKfU_YEoGWRMSK-b76HiKTudCKA88hF8pVpSi4cHjPsKEkRdanlbf2YmPnnI79Fzk0JJJvYosuI1lTmGmsO4Rp4bJUFZNkEz8?width=989&height=502&cropmode=none

Yeah looking that way if no one has any ideas.

What is the best way to reload my docker apps with their current settings after a reinstall?

Community Applications' Previous Apps Section.  But you won't have to do that unless you also delete the docker.img file that is stored on your cache drive

Might be worth doing a new config. Just keep track of which one is your parity.

I would be surprised if new config did anything that couldn't also be accomplished just by stopping and starting the array, which is something you could try if you haven't already.

Another possibility would be to try to get it to rewrite some of your .cfg files by making a change to their page. Maybe something in one of those files is just not currently formatted correctly and that is causing this confusion. Try updating the Global Shares Settings and the SMB Settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I've still got this problem but think I've made some progress towards figuring out what the issue is but don't have any idea on how to solve the issue.

I run unRAID on a HP NL36 Microserver I also have a spare one of these which is handy for potential hardware failures below is a few of the things I've tried.

- Since the original post I've updated to the 6.2. I also downgraded to 6.1 and had exactly the same problem.

- I have installed and configured unRAID 6.2 on my spare Mircroserver with some spare disks and was able to present shares right away so I know that hardware is good.

- I swapped the motherboard over to my other Microserver and did a "New Config" from the tool menu and and reset my drives up and stared the array. After doing this my shares a still missing.

- If I SFTP onto the server I am able to access /mnt/user and see all the data is intact and there.

- If I browse through windows to the \\server\ with the "Enable disk shares" option on I can see the disks (disk1, disk2 ect) but if I try and open the drive I get a permissions error.

- Notable that the "user" share is also missing?

- At this point I suspect that this problem is a permissions problem so I have run "New Permissions" on all the drives but still have the same issue even after stop/starting the array.

At this stage I suspect this is some sort of a permissions problem on the drives which is preventing unRAID from creating the share. Is there a way this can be fixed?

- Current diagnostics report.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av_WsW7gU_RFg8VKC98jJG941lCOoA

- ls -l of /mnt

y3moQ2fdRX7hUkrWl-qIowHQ10DlOYH6_tYvJz5kIWDvhs1WrTXKuCx8mSslXzCBKquizU8YI2u-r8bS5rIGFZARiNi5fQ7rR5agGgDv7zCL5QQbH2LbycxzYJqdedLlsgLFebfbZ5wvvICWN3cAwQYLWiOSpoJntYpoezZm1dB8NA?width=458&height=177&cropmode=none

- ls -l of /mnt/user

y3mGD0pV0qEp7lzId_fJEgQ2Ht4Wx9zp1Q9GByrKejIL6IwA65HCF4A1wX5EkSlofw_vk5r9sAP2e9Io-RD0mi9j1HEyhxgXZtqSONaCkr5HoyN7LbV1hld189RDzh8nc3LOQ4vUARXdppwDvfr_lvx4tXXcfIXpvc8YsErjJ5vuKs?width=537&height=320&cropmode=none

- ls -l of /mnt/disk1

y3m2PyhLtee3J9jJTKovtBwrhFhgDYSAGRX_ngqxuUO7-F1VCu-MR61hRhXK9AXfeY2V87MM35KDADTZ0VAf3IUNh9PpNFQyGM_eDOQxyAVi8-me7fV509OJyPxMXv8Hz_UmZtuepHJge7KWQIvAblynwnnMuO7oM1j2XNd8YZwy9U?width=575&height=302&cropmode=none

- permission error when accessing a \\server\disk1

y3m4YutfqfqTgBiD8fBc_jBAqdjHTe4UkVxIh10BICbaq_-RreFuinHFIx5tnjtzebmfBdBPrDX_6wkTD9_IbOh8ROTMDZUu9oF30vqidTcC_VYy7XJWZL7WcjLdK5ljX9xrjaYL6ehOU8y4zWJPrsjVJ75P-jaTC3TVV94_o9lT9c?width=660&height=304&cropmode=none

any more help will be greatly appreciated.

Archived