Disable Email Notifications

TheDragon

I've already removed all the ticks for email, however I still see emails being sent in my syslog

Eg

Oct 7 09:00:01 Atlas sSMTP[28331]: Creating SSL connection to host
Oct 7 09:00:01 Atlas sSMTP[28331]: SSL connection using ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
Oct 7 09:00:03 Atlas sSMTP[28331]: Sent mail for [email protected] (221 2.0.0 closing connection kg7sm18346694wjb.34 - gsmtp) uid=0 username=root outbytes=477

I'm not actually sure as I've since closed the email account my server used to send to. Is there a config file somewhere for SMTP settings that I could just delete? I've tried deleting the contents of each box but if I try to apply the settings I get an error saying the email address is invalid

I'll give that a try, thank you. ?

For what it's worth I just realised I still have the account that was setup to send the emails - this is what I found in the sent emails

Subject: cron for user root /sbin/fstrim -v /mnt/cache | logger &> /dev/null
Body: fstrim: /mnt/cache: the discard operation is not supported

I do indeed. Guess that explains where the messages are coming from, not sure why it is sending emails rather than alerting me via pushbullet tho.

Also not sure why it's erroring out as I am using two SSDs that support Trim, but that's a question for a different topic!

I do indeed. Guess that explains where the messages are coming from, not sure why it is sending emails rather than alerting me via pushbullet tho.

Also not sure why it's erroring out as I am using two SSDs that support Trim, but that's a question for a different topic!

The emails are coming from cron. It fails to execute the fstrim command (see error message). Cron always uses email for error notifications.

Are your SSD devices connected directly to the motherboard or using an add-on (HBA) card?

I got that cron error when I had 2 SSD connected to my Areca ARC-1231ML. Once I moved them to SATA2 connectors on mobo MSI 760GMA-P34(FX), the error stopped.

ps possibly related: I also had instability when the 2 SSD were connected (but not with just 1 connected) to the (2) asmedia SATA3 connectors on the MSI 760GMA-P34(FX).

The emails are coming from cron. It fails to execute the fstrim command (see error message). Cron always uses email for error notifications.

Are your SSD devices connected directly to the motherboard or using an add-on (HBA) card?

Thanks for the quick reply, the emails coming from cron does make sense. I have to admit I'm not sure without opening up the case and checking the cabling. Is it not possible to use Trim on an SSD connected to a HBA card?

Archived