Identify Which Drive on Which Controller

I have unRaid 6.2.4.  11 Drives (8 on Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8) and balance on motherboard.  Is there a way to identify which drive is on which controller and which controller port?

I've tried fdisk -l, ls -lF /dev/disk/by-uuid, dmesg |egrep "sd[a-z]" and blkid -o list -c /dev/null, but none return anything obviously useful.

I've installed Server Layout app, which works well to document, but don't see how to identify the controller.  I've heard you can id that in the /SYS/BLOCK/SD* directory, but looking through that, not seen anything useful.  Actually a very confusing directory structure with lots of duplicated directories/files.

Thanks in advance!

In the diagnostics zip file are 2 reports that help, lspci.txt and lsscsi.txt.  In lspci.txt, you'll see your hardware, with their PCI addresses down the left.  In lsscsi.txt, you will see your drives listed with a path, and within that path is the PCI address, expanded with the device sub-address.  Some controllers make it much harder than others, but it's all there.

In the diagnostics zip file are 2 reports that help, lspci.txt and lsscsi.txt.  In lspci.txt, you'll see your hardware, with their PCI addresses down the left.  In lsscsi.txt, you will see your drives listed with a path, and within that path is the PCI address, expanded with the device sub-address.  Some controllers make it much harder than others, but it's all there.

Thanks RobJ, that was very helpful.  It is quite a tangled web, but a little color coding and side by side of the two files helps you to figure it out.  FYI, the RED text was information I added to the file to help explain.  I have 6 mother board ports (Blue background - 2 of which are 6mb/s and 4 are 3mb/s I had 2 drives on the 3mb/s ports and 1 on the 6mb/s port), an 8 Port AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 card (Yellow background - fully populated) and a Syba 2 Port 6gb/s SSD Caddy (Green background - 1 drive in the caddy).

What would be REALLY nice is if someone could pull this data into the MAIN page.  This data could really help identify drives.  Also be nice to have a "flash drive" button which would make the drive light flash.  I'll toss this at the Feature Requests.  Probably several reasons why this would not work, but perhaps it could...

width=300http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20161113-cllg-593kb.jpg[/img]

• Upvote 1