Is it possible to have two vm in the same time, (dedicated gpu and integrated ?)

nalfein

Hi everyone, I'm just getting started with unraid and so far, I'm really happy with the os  :). However, I would like to know if its possible to use both my integrated graphics (hd 4600) and my dedicated gpu (r9 290 ) to create two separate vm. My goal is to be able to play some games with my friend coming over tomorrow. I know this question was asked multiple times before: (like there : https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=47583.0)  but as it was posted a few months ago, I would like to know if something changed meanwhile.

Here's what I tried so far:

In all those tests, my hdmi and vga cables were plugged in my motherboard (Igpu) and my gpu and each of the cable were plugged to a different monitor.

-Booted the stable release : not even offering the option to passtrough the integrated graphics.

-Booted the latest beta release at this time of writing (6.3.0rc4) and installed windows with my r9 290.

-Changed both the default graphic adapter to the Igpu and dedicated one and even when unraid's logs were on my dedicated graphic card monitor, passthrough with my intel hd 4600 gpu wasn't working (black screen even when using vnc but I'm able to see the video feed on my laptop when using vnc). When my graphic adapter is setup to use my gpu (in my bios settings) and thus I can see unraid logs on the monitor connected to my gpu, trying to passthrough the gpu (and integrated graphics) result also in a blackscreen.

Here's my specs:

Cpu : i5 4570 (Igpu : intel hd 4600)

Mobo :Gigabyte z97x-sli

Ram 16 gb ddr3 1333mhz

Gpu : xfx dd r9 290

Finally, I apologize for the poor grammar/ mistakes I probably made: Unraid Os is not the only thing I'm learning :)

Thanks