Author Topic: Shares page says "array not running" while formatting a disk  (Read 77 times)

Offline whiteatom

Shares page says "array not running" while formatting a disk
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:03:51 AM »
This may just be a poorly worded error, but with the array running and formatting a new pre-cleared disk I cannot access the "shares" page. It gives me the Array not running error.

Is this expected behaviour? if so, perhaps that error page could be improved? if it's not, then we have a bug.

Description: cannot access the Shares screen while formatting a drive - gives "array not running" error even though the array is running and accessible.

How to reproduce: add pre-cleared disk to array and start. select to format the new disk and click on the shares tab.

Expected results: to be shown the regular shares screen, or be told the screen cannot be accessed during a format

Actual results: error described above

Other information: may just need to reword error

thanks!
unRaid 6.2.4 (dual parity) | Azza Helios 910 | SM X9SCM-F-O | i3-2100 | 16GB Kingston DDR3 1333 ECC | Seasonic X850 | A bunch of drives (54TB) | Plex Media Server | The holy trinity: sonarr, couchpotato & sabnzbd in Dockers

Offline trurl

• Global Moderator
  • Constructor
Re: Shares page says "array not running" while formatting a disk
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 10:35:24 AM »
Has your format completed? It shouldn't take very long. Just checking to make sure you don't have another problem.
How to Search the Forum (no, it's not obvious)     Need help? Read me first!     Upgrading to UnRAID v6

unSERVER 24TB unRAID 6.3.0-rc6 Pro PC-Q25:H87-I:i5-4570S:16GB:SX500-LG:RC-218:AVRG900U
Dockers LogitechMS:NZBGet:PlexMS:RDP-BOINC:Transmission

unBACKUP 15TB unRAID 6.2.4 Pro Node 304:P8H61-I:i3-3220:8GB:ST45SF-G:1430SA

Offline bonienl

• Community Developer
  • Tempus valet volat velat
Re: Shares page says "array not running" while formatting a disk
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 10:55:52 AM »
It is by design that share pages in the GUI are not accessible when the array is not fully operational (and avoid misconfigurations), including the time while formatting of newly added disks.

Agreed that the text does not reflect the formatting stage, but as trurl already said, formatting should be done within a few minutes or less.
unRAID six.two Pro
System: CoolerMaster Centurion 590 • Procase CRS2136SS • CoolerMaster V750 PSU
Hardware: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 • Intel Xeon CPU E3-1246 v3 • Kingston 20GB DDR3 RAM
Storage: Adaptec HBA 1000-8i • 2x Crucial • 2x Samsung » 500GB (cache) • 6x WD 3TB • 4x Hitachi 3TB • 2x HGST 4TB » 30TB (data)

Author of Dynamix the enhanced webGui for unRAID • You like it?