gfjardim

[CONTAINER] CrashPlan & CrashPlan-Desktop

1444 posts in this topic Last Reply

Anyone? haven't been able to backup since Tuesday now :-(

Do you know to which version it upgraded. If it’s to version 6.6.0, it’s possible that the container doesn’t support it.

Hi,

Crashplan updated today and since then I get a black screen.. I reinstalled the docker and all is well again until I see at the top of the screen that Crashplan is updating, as soon as it autoinstalls I am back to a black screen again? Anyone else got this?

I have plenty of memory allocated, this is not the issue and cannot tell which version it has upgraded to as I just have a black screen...

I guess it updated to 6.6? it was released on 28th November which is around the time I have not been able to use it anymore...

Refreshed CrashPlan for Small Business app user interface 

November 28, 2017

Version 6.6.0 of the CrashPlan for Small Business app simplifies life for administrators and users with an overhauled user interface, which makes it even easier to manage and use CrashPlan for Small Business for backup and recovery. The release began on November 28, 2017, and the new app will automatically become available to all customers and trial users over the next few months.

See Changes to the Code42 app in version 6 for complete details, including the new and improved replace device wizard and additional resources

2 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

Nobody else has this problem?

Look at log/history.log.0 in your appdata directory to see which version it upgraded to and is using.

Since this container seems deprecated, an upgrade to 6.6.0 may not work, because it brings a new UI with different dependencies...

any way to stop it upgrading? or should I use another container?

Hi!

I've been using this container for months and out of blue I'm not getting the WebUI. I mean I get type in the address but I'm getting just dark screen (see screen shot attached).

How can I fix that (tried restarting container and restarting the whole system)?

crush.jpg

1 hour ago, Trylo said:

Hi!

I've been using this container for months and out of blue I'm not getting the WebUI. I mean I get type in the address but I'm getting just dark screen (see screen shot attached).

How can I fix that (tried restarting container and restarting the whole system)?

You're better off switching to DJoss' version as that seems to be the solution to the black screen issue from reading here.  See the post above yours

• Like 1

I switched to @Djoss container, but while scanning it crushed saying that more memory needs to be allocated (I have 16GB in the system), how do I allocate more to this particular container?

Did you get the pop-up window saying to increase memory?

You can set the maximum amount of memory CP can use in the container's settings (advanced settings).

PS: You should post in the correct thread:

• Like 1

On 12/13/2017 at 10:18 PM, mbc0 said:

I can confirm that switching to @Djoss container has resolved the issue, many thanks for this @Djoss

Same here, switched to Djoss' Crashplan pro container and it solved the issues. All was very well explained in the link on how to retain your existing backup (it took me approx. 4 hours to check my 4.1 TB currently backed up).

… and I also hate the "new" UI, which doesn't allow you to simply select what you want to back up. You're better off choosing that from Crashplan's website.

3 hours ago, denishay said:

… and I also hate the "new" UI, which doesn't allow you to simply select what you want to back up

Yes you can select the files you want to backup: Click the "Details" button for your device and then "Manage Files".

34 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Yes you can select the files you want to backup: Click the "Details" button for your device and then "Manage Files".

Instead of "simply" I should have written "in a simple manner". The new UI is more than unintuitive. Instead of having a nice list of all top-level folders you have selected, you are forced to navigate deep into the directory tree (instead of list of shares) under root/storage instead of seeing as a root only your list of shares.

So can you do it? Yes? Was it way simpler before? YES!

As a side note: thanks a bunch for your work on this Crashplan Pro container and many contributions here. Without all that extremely great work you do, I would have probably chosen some other mainstream solution for my NAS like a Synology, but now, with every day passing, I am happier and happier to see everything my unraid server can do! :) So Djoss, you have all my admiration and sympathy!

• Like 2

With this new interface, I cannot find any way of watching the progress? I can see the current summary but it does not show which exact file is currently being backed up and neither the current upload speed? is there no way to do this anymore? also I modified the line to change dedup to increase the backup speed on the previous verson, is this also not possible any more?  

Thanks for your work on this DJOSS

With this new interface, I cannot find any way of watching the progress? I can see the current summary but it does not show which exact file is currently being backed up and neither the current upload speed? is there no way to do this anymore? also I modified the line to change dedup to increase the backup speed on the previous verson, is this also not possible any more?  

Thanks for your work on this DJOSS
Not that I have found, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Remember, this is now "for small business" so what small business IT admin has time to sit around and watch that go by?

I don't like it much, either. :(

Sent from Tapatalk