jonp

unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

788 posts in this topic Last Reply

If you're using these tools, you're a nerd, dork, geek or otherwise... just embrace it :D

my vote is to keep the name.

Hi guys,

For a linux newbie can anyone confirm to me how to install this CLItools (I need screen for preclearing).

I did it in my old unraid 5 as described in here

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Configuration_Tutorial#Install_Screen

, but in 6b I have no unmenu any more.

Its a plugin, so it should install just like any other plugin. go to the plugin install tab/section and use the url in OP.

Could unrar be included in this pack?  I recently needed it and found it was not there natively.

thanks

Dumb question, can we add badblocks to it as well?  I dont even know how to install/use it out side of a ubuntu boot cd.

badblocks should already be available in /sbin.

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 19256 2010-04-30 03:18 /sbin/badblocks*

i was just looking to get a slackpack for screen as i need to preclear a drive, google brought me here.

Could unrar be included in this pack?  I recently needed it and found it was not there natively.

thanks

Sorry for the delay, I just added unrar.  Update the plugin and give it a shot!

is there any possibility of getting git-core included so i can pull from git things i am on working and want to test in unraid environment without hassle of setting up a template or pushing to docker hub etc...

is there any possibility of getting git-core included so i can pull from git things i am on working and want to test in unraid environment without hassle of setting up a template or pushing to docker hub etc...

If git doesn't have large dependencies you could try pulling this then using "installpkg" on it:

wget http://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz -O /tmp/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz
installpkg /tmp/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz

root@:/# wget http://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz -O /tmp/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz

--2015-02-08 10:12:09--  http://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz

Resolving mirrors.slackware.com (mirrors.slackware.com)... 207.223.116.213

Connecting to mirrors.slackware.com (mirrors.slackware.com)|207.223.116.213|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found

Location: http://mirror.nexcess.net/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz [following]

--2015-02-08 10:12:10--  http://mirror.nexcess.net/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz

Resolving mirror.nexcess.net (mirror.nexcess.net)... 208.69.120.55

Connecting to mirror.nexcess.net (mirror.nexcess.net)|208.69.120.55|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 3924056 (3.7M) [text/plain]

Saving to: ‘/tmp/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz’

100%[=====================================================>] 3,924,056  3.17MB/s  in 1.2s

2015-02-08 10:12:11 (3.17 MB/s) - ‘/tmp/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz’ saved [3924056/3924056]

root@:/# installpkg /tmp/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz

Verifying package git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz.

Installing package git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz:

PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:

# git (the stupid content tracker)

#

# Git is a fast, scalable, distributed revision control system with an

# unusually rich command set that provides both high-level operations

# and full access to internals.

#

# "git" can mean anything, depending on your mood.

#

# Git was originally written by Linus Torvalds and is currently

# maintained by Junio C. Hamano.

#

Executing install script for git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz.

Package git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz installed.

root@:/# git --version

git version 1.8.4

root@:/#

Also, I'm thinking that the archival programs such as most up to date versions of rar, unrar, 7zip, unzip, tar, par2 should be contained in their own Archival Plugin Pack.

Then the developer tools like git, subversion, cvs, rcs would be in their own Developer Repository Plugin Pack as well.

Also, I'm thinking that the archival programs such as most up to date versions of rar, unrar, 7zip, unzip, tar, par2 should be contained in their own Archival Plugin Pack.

Then the developer tools like git, subversion, cvs, rcs would be in their own Developer Repository Plugin Pack as well.

I like this idea.

I like this idea.

Great idea.

Would it be possible to add nano to the CLI pack?

Thats is the first program i always install when setting up a new unRaid.

Would it be possible to add nano to the CLI pack?

Thats is the first program i always install when setting up a new unRaid.

Nano is already baked-in, no need to install it (you can safely remove nano from your /boot/extra too if it's there) 

Thanks eschultz for your work on this plugin. I added a link in the unRAID wiki to this post under "screen" for beginners.

I like this idea.

Great idea.

I would also like to see a plugin that could be used for creating archives. @LT, Any thoughts on making this a reality?

I like this idea.

Great idea.

I would also like to see a plugin that could be used for creating archives. @LT, Any thoughts on making this a reality?

Creating officially managed plugins from LT is something we are looking to do.  Stay tuned for more information on that.

I like this idea.

Great idea.

Creating officially managed plugins from LT is something we are looking to do.  Stay tuned for more information on that.

can we get git ?

Can I suggest to include LFTP to the pack? The mirror feature, among others, could be very useful for people. I recognize LFTP is easy to install as a slackware package but I love the simplicity of the nerdpack.

Can I suggest to include LFTP to the pack? The mirror feature, among others, could be very useful for people. I recognize LFTP is easy to install as a slackware package but I love the simplicity of the nerdpack.

Probably. Eric is pretty good about adding more and more to this.