binhex

[Support] binhex - Emby

115 posts in this topic Last Reply

Looks like the Arch repository finally is back up to date with emby-server-3.3.1.0-1 using the dotnet-runtime instead of the mono version from AUR

Looks like the Arch repository finally is back up to date with emby-server-3.3.1.0-1 using the dotnet-runtime instead of the mono version from AUR
Is there a significant difference in performance between mono and dot net?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, binhex said:

Is there a significant difference in performance between mono and dot net?

I'm not sure. I think the dot net version uses less memory, especially after long uptime. 

Edited by Handl3vogn

On 21/04/2018 at 10:43 AM, Handl3vogn said:

I'm not sure. I think the dot net version uses less memory, especially after long uptime. 

there is some effort required in switching back, im kinda loathed to do it unless there is a compelling reason to.

Does this docker support hardware transcoding with a "generic" intel i-core (i3 7100 in my case). I have Intel Quick Sync enabled in the EMBY UI but is doesn't seem to work. Do I need to passthrough the igpu to the Docker?

Hi, i don't know if I did something wrong, but the last time I updated this through CA it didn't get the version 3.4.1, and when i try to update it with the terminal (docker update binhex/arch-emby:latest    did something wrong here?) it says the image is up to date, so i don't know if i can do something to fix this, or wait for the next update and see if next time it downloads the proper one.

Hi, i don't know if I did something wrong, but the last time I updated this through CA it didn't get the version 3.4.1, and when i try to update it with the terminal (docker update binhex/arch-emby:latest    did something wrong here?) it says the image is up to date, so i don't know if i can do something to fix this, or wait for the next update and see if next time it downloads the proper one.
What makes you think you aren't running 3.4.1?

2 hours ago, binhex said:

What makes you think you aren't running 3.4.1?

Because both in the Emby dashboard and the log it says it's version 3.4.0.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Reloth said:

Because both in the Emby dashboard and the log it says it's version 3.4.0.

ok thanks, just wanted to confirm what you were seeing exactly, i can confirm too that its reporting 3.4.0 in the dashboard and log. i have reported this on AUR and they have traced it back to a bad tag from the Emby Dev Team, so it looks like this is 3.4.1 its just somebody forgot to increment the tag version, in short its a cosmetic bug, you can ignore it.

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/28/2018 at 3:26 PM, binhex said:

ok thanks, just wanted to confirm what you were seeing exactly, i can confirm too that its reporting 3.4.0 in the dashboard and log. i have reported this on AUR and they have traced it back to a bad tag from the Emby Dev Team, so it looks like this is 3.4.1 its just somebody forgot to increment the tag version, in short its a cosmetic bug, you can ignore it.

Gave it a month, was coming here to poke the sleeping bear, glad to see I can quietly tip-toe away.

Thanks for keeping on top of it!

Why does the binhex Emby install think i'm a Emby Premiere supporter?

I've only just installed this, and i've not paid anything to Emby....

52 minutes ago, jj_uk said:

Why does the binhex Emby install think i'm a Emby Premiere supporter?

I've only just installed this, and i've not paid anything to Emby....

Go back one page and read.

10 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Go back one page and read.

I can't see anything relating to this?

46 minutes ago, jj_uk said:

I can't see anything relating to this?

Start with this post and read through to the solution many posts later.

Ahh I see, it's the 'unlocked version' - build from source? I thought this was changed to closed source because building it yourself 'unlocked' everything?