linuxserver.io

unRAID DVB Edition

1096 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Zan said:

Yes, LibreElec is the build to use.

Thanks! Got ant problem with tvheadend? It works for 2 minutes (+ -) and then I get timeout?

 

LibVLC/3.0.2"
2018-07-05 12:03:42.501 [WARNING] linuxdvb: Unhandled ERROR_BLOCK_COUNT scale: 0
2018-07-05 12:03:43.355 [WARNING] linuxdvb: Silicon Labs Si2168 #3 : DVB-C #0 - poll TIMEOUT

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, eikum said:

Thanks! Got ant problem with tvheadend? It works for 2 minutes (+ -) and then I get timeout?

 

LibVLC/3.0.2"
2018-07-05 12:03:42.501 [WARNING] linuxdvb: Unhandled ERROR_BLOCK_COUNT scale: 0
2018-07-05 12:03:43.355 [WARNING] linuxdvb: Silicon Labs Si2168 #3 : DVB-C #0 - poll TIMEOUT

 

I'm not sure about DVB-C, I was using the DVB-T tuners. DVB-T is currently working OK but not as good as I believe is possible due to an issue with the cx23885 code.
 

The following link discusses the issue and fixes have been upstreamed, but not sure when that will come through in a new unraid-dvb build

https://github.com/b-rad-NDi/Ubuntu-media-tree-kernel-builder/issues/17

 

In the meantime, you could try this workaround to see if it helps. Add this to your append line in syslinux.cfg:

cx23885.debug=5

eg

append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui cx23885.debug=5

It slows the cx23885 down a bit which assists with the timing issue, but fills your log file within a day or 2.

Edited by Zan
bit clearer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hello Guys,

 

i got a problem with my Unraid DVB.

 

I installed it without problems and first my TB6982 SE was detected and TVheadend was noticing it. But i could get all Muxes.

Then i figured to test an other Build. First i used the TBS Free Driver Version.

I tested the openelec Version to see if the problem persist. My Card was not detected and no /dev/dvb existing.

 

After that i switched back to the first DVB Build, but now it doesn´t show up there either.

 

Any of you have an idea why or one who got the same card working?

Share this post


Link to post

Do you see the card in the device list of the webgui? 

Share this post


Link to post

Try installing TBS build, powering down your server not restarting it, then reboot.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Try installing TBS build, powering down your server not restarting it, then reboot.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
 

 

I seem to remember there was some incompability with tbs cards and some mainboards. 

Share this post


Link to post
 
I seem to remember there was some incompability with tbs cards and some mainboards. 
Well, libreelec definitely won't work.

TBS Open source should work. But we have no details of what Unraid versions were used, so a bit in the dark at the moment.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, it seems to be working now. Using 6.5.3 TBS Free and shuting down the server after the install.

Was runnin the same build yesterday and it wasn working at all.

 

Any Idea why? There should be no difference between restart and shutdown, right?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Mordrad said:

Hey, it seems to be working now. Using 6.5.3 TBS Free and shuting down the server after the install.

Was runnin the same build yesterday and it wasn working at all.

 

Any Idea why? There should be no difference between restart and shutdown, right?

 

I have seen very occasional issues before when a card doesn't reset properly with a restart and needs a complete shutdown.   No harm in trying a reboot now, and see if it works.

Share this post


Link to post

All workin fine now ... Only needing to add a few muxes. But so far tvheadend is working correctly. Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/5/2018 at 12:33 PM, Zan said:

 

I'm not sure about DVB-C, I was using the DVB-T tuners. DVB-T is currently working OK but not as good as I believe is possible due to an issue with the cx23885 code.
 

The following link discusses the issue and fixes have been upstreamed, but not sure when that will come through in a new unraid-dvb build

https://github.com/b-rad-NDi/Ubuntu-media-tree-kernel-builder/issues/17

 

In the meantime, you could try this workaround to see if it helps. Add this to your append line in syslinux.cfg:


cx23885.debug=5

eg


append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui cx23885.debug=5

It slows the cx23885 down a bit which assists with the timing issue, but fills your log file within a day or 2.

 

Hi,

 

This is strange.. If I restart the docker, it works for 2-3 mins again. And then timouts.. Restart docker, works for 2-3 min and then timeout.. what the hell? :(

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/5/2018 at 7:33 AM, Zan said:

 

I'm not sure about DVB-C, I was using the DVB-T tuners. DVB-T is currently working OK but not as good as I believe is possible due to an issue with the cx23885 code.
 

The following link discusses the issue and fixes have been upstreamed, but not sure when that will come through in a new unraid-dvb build

https://github.com/b-rad-NDi/Ubuntu-media-tree-kernel-builder/issues/17

 

In the meantime, you could try this workaround to see if it helps. Add this to your append line in syslinux.cfg:


cx23885.debug=5

eg


append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui cx23885.debug=5

It slows the cx23885 down a bit which assists with the timing issue, but fills your log file within a day or 2.

 

Thanks for this amazing tip!!!!!!!! Got a new quadhd and I lost 4 hours trying to get this thing work. When I configured the debug level, BANG!

Share this post


Link to post

Hello all,

How can I pick what firmware is loaded for my tuner? From my previous media server I know I need to use the dvb-usb-wt220u-02.fw firmware version and not;

  • dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw
  • dvb-usb-wt220u-fc03.fw
  • dvb-usb-wt220u-miglia-01.fw
  • dvb-usb-wt220u-zl0353-01.fw

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Firejack said:

Hello all,

How can I pick what firmware is loaded for my tuner? From my previous media server I know I need to use the dvb-usb-wt220u-02.fw firmware version and not;

  • dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw
  • dvb-usb-wt220u-fc03.fw
  • dvb-usb-wt220u-miglia-01.fw
  • dvb-usb-wt220u-zl0353-01.fw

Thanks :)

 

All of the above firmware is included.

 

What USB device do you have?  Why not try and see what it loads by default

 

Share this post


Link to post

Just been digging through dmesg while you replied. I have a WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver and it looks like its using some completely different firmware if I'm reading this right.

 

Quote

[   11.702152] dvb-usb: WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom) successfully initialized and connected.
[   11.702280] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dtt200u

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Firejack said:

Just been digging through dmesg while you replied. I have a WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver and it looks like its using some completely different firmware if I'm reading this right.

 

 

 

 

Personally I'd try it and see if it works before looking for a solution to a problem we're not sure exists, we're on a pretty modern kernel on v6.5.3, so previous issues may have been ironed out.

Share this post


Link to post

Unfortunately its been a problem for several years and the workaround has been to specifically use the dvb-usb-wt220u-02.fw firmware.

 

Took a little while but just had the first issue. Was slight pixelation of the picture then it dropped out for 30 seconds. TVHeadend log shows;

2018-07-22 22:32:54.652 linuxdvb: WideView USB DVB-T #0 : DVB-T #0 - poll TIMEOUT
2018-07-22 22:33:02.312 linuxdvb: WideView USB DVB-T #0 : DVB-T #0 - poll TIMEOUT

 

Everything seems to work perfectly apart from this old problem of mine O.o

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Firejack said:

Unfortunately its been a problem for several years and the workaround has been to specifically use the dvb-usb-wt220u-02.fw firmware.

 

Took a little while but just had the first issue. Was slight pixelation of the picture then it dropped out for 30 seconds. TVHeadend log shows;

2018-07-22 22:32:54.652 linuxdvb: WideView USB DVB-T #0 : DVB-T #0 - poll TIMEOUT
2018-07-22 22:33:02.312 linuxdvb: WideView USB DVB-T #0 : DVB-T #0 - poll TIMEOUT

 

Everything seems to work perfectly apart from this old problem of mine O.o

 

How did you tackle it on Debian?  The firmware that is loaded is meant to be specified by the driver as I understand it.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Been a few years since I last set TVHeadend up. I recall downloading firmware from the LibreELEC dvb firmware page on github and dropping it into /lib/firmware/ . Don't think I took any other steps. It "just worked" after rebooting.

 

I wonder, could I switch back from unRAID DVB Edition to the Stock Edition, then download the firmware using the Console? I guess the firmware would be lost each time unRAID updates?

(I'm using the Linuxserver.io Dockers for TVHeadend and Plex if that makes any difference.)

 

EDIT: OK it seems to be working. If I power on unRAID and try watching TV I get some picture pixelation + dropouts. However if I reboot once my system has been powered on a few minutes. Watching TV via TVHeadend is perfect. Not sure whats going on there. Maybe the firmware isn't initializing properly 1st time or my TV tuner is failing. Doesn't appear to be a unRAID DVB Edition error though. I'll leave you in peace :)

Edited by Firejack
Update with workaround

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Copyright © 2005-2018 Lime Technology, Inc.
unRAID® is a registered trademark of Lime Technology, Inc.