carlos28355

Plex Media Server library missing after restart of server

I tried searching and searching for days but i cant seem to find an answer. I know its just my lack of knowledge but everytime the server reboots i have to readd my library so i can watch on my roku and apple tv. i cant be the only this is happening to?? Yet I cant seem to find a solution. Can someone help me please. thanks

*Unraid 6.3.5

Plex Media Server 1.10.1.4602-f54242b6b

PlexConnect (uninstalled until I can figure this out)

16 minutes ago, carlos28355 said:

I tried searching and searching for days but i cant seem to find an answer. I know its just my lack of knowledge but everytime the server reboots i have to readd my library so i can watch on my roku and apple tv. i cant be the only this is happening to?? Yet I cant seem to find a solution. Can someone help me please. thanks

*Unraid 6.3.5

Plex Media Server 1.10.1.4602-f54242b6b

PlexConnect (uninstalled until I can figure this out)

How is plex installed?  Plugin or docker application? 

Posted (edited)

See how little i know. I dont even know what a docker application is...haha its from a plug in from @PhAzE

* It looks like docker apps have a lot of benefit. Perhaps I need to look into installing that instead of the plug in?

Edited by carlos28355

6 minutes ago, carlos28355 said:

Perhaps I need to look into installing that instead of the plug in

That would be the best.  That type of application running as a plugin is frowned upon, and probably not too many people still do that.

ok ok please forgive me. I was able to get plex installed via docker. i know this has to be easy but i cant firgure it out nor can i find the answer online. I know it has to be there somewhere. i have like 20 tabs open and have been trying to find the answer for several days. I cant point the plex library to my share titled "My Movies" if I browse to add the folder through plex webgui i cant navigate out of "/var/lib/plexmediaserver" I tried to manually type to my movie folder using "/mnt/user/My Movies" and im sure thats wrong. it must be wrong because its not scanning my movie library. any ideas? thanks

14 hours ago, carlos28355 said:

it must be wrong because its not scanning my movie library. any ideas? thanks

Post a screenshot of your docker configuration, specifically the paths.