Sign in to follow this  
1812

License extension for Pre Release versions

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

when it runs out, click the button to request a trial that you had to click initially. they are pretty generous about it.

 

or

 

buy the license now and roll back to the stable version. PROBLEM SOLVED. (really your reason for an extension is flimsy at best, but they don't ask for a reason so you're fine.)

Share this post


Link to post

I already have a license that I plan on moving over to this box then retiring the old box. Request extension is greyed out. I own a couple of licenses already I just didn't want to buy another one to test the 6.4 release is all. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TOoSmOotH said:

I already have a license that I plan on moving over to this box then retiring the old box. Request extension is greyed out. I own a couple of licenses already I just didn't want to buy another one to test the 6.4 release is all. 

 

then you should have waited for 6.4 to go final before registering a trial on that usb ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, 1812 said:

 

then you should have waited for 6.4 to go final before registering a trial on that usb ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

How does that help testing a new version and providing feedback? Isn't that the point of pre-release? I would like to continue testing it as it does not have production workloads on it. Otherwise I will wait. I just have a few test VMs on it.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, TOoSmOotH said:

How does that help testing a new version and providing feedback? 

 

Quite a few people are already doing that already, on registered licenses (myself included.)  And looking through your posts, you have provided ZERO feedback in the process of 6.4RC.

 

Your argument is invalid. Stop being cheap and just buy the entry level one or... wait till it goes final OR get another usb and load another trial.

 

 

22 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

AFAIK trials are limited to 30 days plus two 15 days extensions for 60 days total.

 

I think I've managed to get more extensions a time or two. But I also have like 4 or 5 licenses. 

 

11 minutes ago, TOoSmOotH said:

I would like to continue testing it as it does not have production workloads on it.

 

Stop being cheap and just buy the entry level one or... wait till it goes final OR get another usb and load another trial.

 

32 minutes ago, 1812 said:

you should have waited for 6.4 to go final before registering a trial on that usb ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly I would contact Tom aka @limetech and just give him an ask. That's how I would address it. 

State your case and go from there. We all want the same results here. Stable and secure Servers. :D

Share this post


Link to post

I own multiple licenses already. I am not being cheap. I just don't need another license. If it is not possible to extend I will just wait. Not sure what your hangup is. I am not going to purchase another pro license to test and then turn around and not use in a couple of weeks when the code moves to production.

 

@kizer

 

Thanks for offering actual helpful information. I will try and contact @limetech and see what my options are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  


Copyright © 2005-2018 Lime Technology, Inc.
unRAID® is a registered trademark of Lime Technology, Inc.