Daylend

Unraid VM shares?

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

So I created a new Ubuntu Server 18.04 VM and noticed I had the option to set up an unRAID share and mount tag in the settings.

image.png.2657f346fac3cc1e95be76b2ca2ced4e.png

So I put in the following values. Booted into my VM, obviously the mounts weren't visible. So I did some googling and edited my fstab to what I could find:

UbuntuServer /home/daylend/UbuntuServer 9p trans=virtio,version=9p2000.L,_netdev,noauto,nobootwait,rw 0 0

Rebooted the server. Nothing appeared. Read that you had to edit some xml files but I also read that's inside the .img file now so it's not changeable? I assume that's what the unRAID share and unRAID mount tag values are for in the web UI now. I also looked through the wiki for more information on unRAID share and unRAID mount tag settings but couldn't find much.

How do I get this working?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Did you make a directory inside your VM called /home/daylend/UbuntuServer and then reboot or mount -a to reload fstab?

I did the following:

512466644_9PSettings.png.72faeb08b80078882d237a8f711f7114.png

Then I created the Directory "/unraid" not that the exact path matters could have used "/mnt/unraid" for instance and used that below instead of /unraid.

Then I added the following to fstab and rebooted:

unraid        /unraid            9p         trans=virtio,version=9p2000.L,_netdev,rw 0 0

And I got my user shares from my unRAID server listed when I "ls /unraid"

Hope this helps.

Edited by BobPhoenix
  • Upvote 1

So I went through everything you said, making sure it was all set up correctly... Everything looked good. But it still wasn't working.

I noticed your fstab didn't have the lines "noauto,nobootwait", so I removed those, and rebooted.

Now it works like a charm!

Thanks for the help! 😀