PR.

[6.5.2] Another freeze, can only hard reset

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Once again I woke up this morning and my unRAID server had locked up after 25+ days uptime, once again I'd been doing a lot of VM work the night before.

This time though I had been putting my System Log file on to the Flash drive so I can see what happened... and it shows nothing.

5am, last syslog entry - SSDs are trimmed

5:36am PiHole reports its last DNS query

6am, I wake up with no internet (because PiHole is down).

Checking the monitor it reports an xfs error, but once I reboot the server nothing is reported, and I'm sure once the parity check is done it will report no issues.

Here's the log up to the crash:

syslog-1526505426.txt

Here's the diagnostics:

aventine-diagnostics-20180613-0629.zip

Here's the screenshot of what was shown on the screen when I checked this morning:

IMG_0174.thumb.jpg.d6b66779f784a5642d16d7623070e1d9.jpg

This is really frustrating as I just don't know what to do to try and fix this as theres no real info.

Any help?

Thanks

Hi,

I hadn’t, but I’ve just run it now, it didn’t take very long at all, this was the output, I can’t see any suggestion that it needs repairing:

42244924-517D-48F9-9658-5B670D80AC48.thumb.jpeg.01b2f988318f076ac7ec0f1dc2421714.jpeg

Thanks

I would run memtest at least a couple of passes then to rule out memory issues causing this.

I have run a memtest in the past (though only for a couple of hours) and didn’t throw up any errors, I guess it might be worth running it for longer?