Bryans50

Drivers for Broadcom Dell Network cards

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Hello people!

 

My question is why unraid doesn't include the drivers for the newest Dell integrated network cards. I just bought a brand new Dell T640 and tried to install unraid. Unfortunately i'm not in for any luck on the network side. Probably it's an driver issue because "lspci" does show the two cards inside my system. But they don't show as network interfaces on the unraid webinterface. I tried windows with the driver and it just works perfectly. I tried adding the linux drivers from dell but that didn't work for me. Maybe there is somebody that can help met with this problem.

 

Maybe it's the wrong topic for this sub but i'm pointing it out anyways.

 

Anyhow, Please please add driver support for the new Broadcom BCM57416 NetXtreme-E 10Gb RDMA Ethernet Controller network card from Dell.

 

Cheers!

 

 

 

 

 

 

8d675f8e1742ede79f0f43bc0c806de7.jpgbffc5824d030d3362f23dcc4502da504.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Please post your diagnostics: Tools -> Diagnostics

I want to do that but I can't connect to the pc in the local network because the networking isn't working....

I can only "download" the zip on the local machine, not on a remote machine.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Bryans50 said:

I want to do that but I can't connect to the pc in the local network because the networking isn't working....

I can only "download" the zip on the local machine, not on a remote machine. 

On the console type diagnostics and the zip will be saved to your flash drive, then just plug it in a desktop.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

On the console type diagnostics and the zip will be saved to your flash drive, then just plug it in a desktop.

I send you the diagnostics in private.

Share this post


Link to post

Next time please use the forum instead of pm, but yeah the NICs are detected and no driver is loaded, if there's an available driver in the kernel LT are usually quick to add it and it should be on the next release.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

Next time please use the forum instead of pm, but yeah the NICs are detected and no driver is loaded, if there's an available driver in the kernel LT are usually quick to add it and it should be on the next release.

Ah alright! thanks I'll wait for the next release. Is there any way I can add the drivers myself?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Bryans50 said:

Is there any way I can add the drivers myself?

Possibly, but that's beyond my knowledge

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Copyright © 2005-2018 Lime Technology, Inc.
unRAID® is a registered trademark of Lime Technology, Inc.