ThePhotraveller

Unmountable : No file system

32 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

I just moved my tower yesterday and it was well and working till then. But in the morning one of labour was trying to reach out for a file and it went missing he complained. I thought it could be a disc issue, I checked it actually is.

So how do i solve it guys. I dont understand how it went that way, its a new disc too. Handled it very safe even when it was moved am sure that there are no physical damages happened, because i carried it myself.the disc was  Bought like 1 month back. Now i am need in need of the file also its job critical. 
An urgent help would be very much helpful.
 

unmountable.JPG

tower-diagnostics-20180809-2239.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Check filesystem on disk3:

 

https://lime-technology.com/wiki/Check_Disk_Filesystems#Drives_formatted_with_XFS

or

https://lime-technology.com/wiki/Check_Disk_Filesystems#Checking_and_fixing_drives_in_the_webGui

 

44 minutes ago, ThePhotraveller said:

Now i am need in need of the file also its job critical. 

You should have backups, unRAID is not a backup.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:



Been on a budget guys :/



Ran the command and it shows me this. I cannot understand what has been said in the text clearly. what am i supposed to do after this point ?

next.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ThePhotraveller said:

what am i supposed to do after this point ?

Start the array.

Share this post


Link to post

Post the xfs_repair command you used

Sent from my SM-A605FN using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Post the xfs_repair command you used

Sent from my SM-A605FN using Tapatalk
 

Sorry the first i have replaced the md3 instead of md4. Now have run it as md4. please check the image. 

The next step?

I have loaded array in normal mode and the issue remains the same now.

wrong.JPG

Edited by ThePhotraveller

Share this post


Link to post

Since the file system remains unmountable you can't replay the log so the next step is to go back to Maintenance mode and run xfs_repair with the -L option. The wording of the message suggests this is a bad place to be; in practice the only files likely to be affected are any that were being written at the time the corruption happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, John_M said:

Since the file system remains unmountable you can't replay the log so the next step is to go back to Maintenance mode and run xfs_repair with the -L option. The wording of the message suggests this is a bad place to be; in practice the only files likely to be affected are any that were being written at the time the corruption happened.

Am hoping there was nothing written during that period. 

Can you exactly drop the command i need to run here? Actual noob here :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, ThePhotraveller said:

Sorry the first i have replaced the md3 instead of md4.

Yes, I also said disk3 instead of disk4, like John_M mentioned use -L on disk4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

xfs_repair -vL /dev/md4

I ran in maintenance mode. stopped to start the array. It stopped but i cannot start again. The buttons are gone now.

ran.JPG

start gone.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

You need to wait for xfs_repair to finish.

okie how long does that take usually ? 
I mean how do i know if its finished. 
 

 

Edited by ThePhotraveller

Share this post


Link to post

It can take a while, when it finishes it will look like the 1st xfs_repair screenshot you posted.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

It can take a while, when it finishes it will look like the 1st xfs_repair screenshot you posted.

I think its done.  still i dont see the start button here. Reloaded the window also. only reboot and power down appears.

 

log new.JPG

Share this post


Link to post

It should start now, if it doesn't reboot, filesystem should be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

It should start now, if it doesn't reboot, filesystem should be fixed.

No it hasn't mounted yet. ? 

boot.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

 

Thanks mate. Life saver. It's there. What shall i do now ? do i have to do anything after this point?
 

Share this post


Link to post

Filesystem corruption is mostly cause by unclean shutdowns, it can also be a hardware problem like bad RAM/controller/disk, but sometimes it just happens.

Share this post


Link to post

You said that you moved your server yesterday. It might be a coincidence but it's possible you disturbed something. Could you have removed the power before it had finished shutting down?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, John_M said:

You said that you moved your server yesterday. It might be a coincidence but it's possible you disturbed something. Could you have removed the power before it had finished shutting down?

could be i guess. But i usually make sure to shut down properly. Yeah!! I could ve missed it. Lets wait and see if it repeats. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Filesystem corruption is mostly cause by unclean shutdowns, it can also be a hardware problem like bad RAM/controller/disk, but sometimes it just happens.

Anyways thanks a lot mate. You were a real saver for me. Let me update you there issue as such persists again.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Copyright © 2005-2018 Lime Technology, Inc.
unRAID® is a registered trademark of Lime Technology, Inc.