Like you, we like to shop on the Internet without worrying about our private information being used for purposes we didn’t intend. We only collect the minimum information needed to do business with you, provide better security, and collect feedback to improve our products and services. Here are the ways in which we collect information:
- When you use our website.
- When you register a USB flash device.
- When you purchase products or services from us.
- When using the feedback system built into our products.
- When you use online update services.
- When you provide your e-mail address to us.
- We make use of Google Analytics to track non-personally identifying information.
Flash Device Registrations
- For all registrations, we log the GUID of the USB flash device used for the OS installation, the e-mail address you provide and the IP address through which the registration is initiated.
- Trial registrations require your server to have internet access. Following server boot, unRAID OS Trial will contact the Lime Technology key server in order to validate. The information transferred consists of your USB flash boot device GUID and the version of unRAID OS currently running.
- Information such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, and payment details will be requested when purchasing products or services.
- For payment processing we use PayPal and Intuit Merchant Services. We have limited access to the credit card information that you supply when charging your purchase, and rely on PayPal and Intuit Merchant Services to protect that information. Credit card information is never stored directly by Lime Technology.
- We log the IP address through which any purchase for products or services is initiated.
- When purchasing a key, the process is initiated by clicking a “Buy” button in the unRAID OS webGUI. This button causes a redirect of a page on our website to open in a new tab/window in your browser. All interaction with a shopping cart and the checkout process occurs using “https” between your browser and the shopping cart The unRAID server itself is not involved in transmitting your payment information in any way.
- By using the Feedback button in the unRAID webGui, users can respond to our online poll, request new features, report bugs, and provide comments directly to Lime Technology.
- When using any of these methods, we log the USB flash boot device GUID, the e-mail address you optionally provide and the IP address through which the feedback is initiated.
- Diagnostics data is automatically included when submitting a bug report. You can optionally choose to anonymize this data when submitting it to us.
- Use of the Check for Updates button on the unRAID OS webGui Plugins page requires internet access in order to determine if updates are available.
- We do not and will not sell, give or share our customers’ names and contact info to any other vendor or any bulk mailing service.
- We do not send unsolicited e-mail to anyone, nor do we authorize anyone else to do so on our behalf. Exception: we may send email notifications of critical security updates.
All credit card orders will be charged at the time of order. For international orders, the preferred method of payment is PayPal. Customer is responsible for any customs, duties, or VAT.
California residents: applicable sales tax will be added to all orders except downloaded Registration Keys, which are currently exempt from California sales tax.
Lime Technology offers the original purchaser (and only the original purchaser) of an unRAID Server OS Registration Key the right to replace their original unRAID Server OS registration key and to work on a new USB flash device at any time after the initial purchase. A replacement key may be replaced for another replacement key after 12 months. Should another replacement key be required within that 12 month period, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
Once a registration key is transferred to a new USB flash GUID, the previous USB flash GUID becomes permanently blacklisted from use with key registration. Once a USB flash GUID is blacklisted, the action cannot be reversed.
Lime Technology does not support the transfer of an unRAID Server OS Registration Key to a 3rd party for any reason whatsoever.
English-speaking only: At this time, experts only communicate in the English language.
Cancellation or rescheduling: If you need to cancel a scheduled appointment, you can do so online up to 24 hours prior to the appointment. If less than 24 hours prior to the appointment, you can e-mail email@example.com with your information and whether you need to reschedule or cancel.
No show penalty: If you do not respond to our attempts to contact you at the time of the appointment and you did not cancel or reschedule the appointment, you will be charged in full for the appointment. Just give us a heads up, ok?
Remote assistance requirements: In order to provide the most efficient use of time, the expert will want to be able to:
- Communicate with you using voice or text
- Get remote control of a computer that has access to your server
- Maintain a quality connection with you for the duration of the session
The expert will provide instructions in advance of your scheduled session as to what remote assistance method will be utilized and what is required.
The expert may also need to download and/or install additional software on your remote assistance computer. The expert will inform you if this is required, explain its purpose, and get your verbal consent before doing so. However if consent is not provided, the session may not be able to proceed.
If your Internet connection isn’t strong enough to support audio or if you don’t have a headset, a phone-based option may be provided through logmein. If a remote control session is unable to be sustained due to bad network conditions or other factors, the session may need to be rescheduled or cancelled.
Remote BIOS configuration assistance: If you need assistance with motherboard BIOS configuration, you will need to have a monitor and keyboard attached to your server prior to the start of the session. You will also need to provide the exact motherboard model number so that the manual can be looked up online for guidance on what settings to configure. If your motherboard features support for IPMI, remote assistance for BIOS configuration can be even easier.
Performance-related troubleshooting: If troubleshooting a performance-centric issue is a part of your session, new hardware may be recommended to solve the issue. Not all performance issues can be resolved with software configuration alone.
Loss of data: You certify that you will indemnify and hold harmless the expert and Lime Technology, Inc. for any and all data or software that may be lost or erased, as well as for any consequence of the erasure or loss of that data or software. Although we will take every precaution to preserve all data and software on the computer, you acknowledge that occasionally erasure or loss of data or software will occur and the operating system may be compromised and rendered unusable.
Session length / multiple sessions: The session will be ended after the user is completely satisfied or after the time scheduled has ended; whichever comes first. At the beginning of your session, the expert will review your needs and if necessary, you will be given the option to purchase additional service sessions, reduce your requirements, or cancel the session, without penalty.
Satisfaction guarantee: If for any reason you are unsatisfied with the results of your session, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. We will make it right.
Lime Technology, Inc., hardware products come with a one-year limited warranty from the date the product was purchased. This warranty is not transferable and is only granted to the original purchaser of the product. This warranty does not include software, hard drives, or any third party products including software and hardware included with the warranted product. In the event of a defect, Lime Technology will remedy the problem by repair or replacement, as deemed necessary, provided that the unit has not been subjected to misuse, abuse, or non-Lime Technology authorized alteration, modification, repair or installation.
The conditions not covered by warranty may include but not be limited to damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, failure to follow instructions given in accompanying documentation, use of non-Lime Technology supplied or approved replaceable components, exposure of media to strong magnetic fields, exposure to extreme environments such as temperature, humidity, shock, vibration and power surges.
Under no circumstances shall Lime Technology be liable for any damages, including lost profits, savings or other incidental or consequential damages from use or misuse of Lime Technology products. In no way shall Lime Technology’s liability exceed the price paid for the product from any damages resulting from the use of the product, its software components or its documentation.
In order to have the malfunctioning unit repaired or replaced, the Customer must contact Lime Technology for repair authorization within the warranty period. The Customer must be able to provide a proof of purchase including the date of purchase. The Customer must agree that if the unit is found not to be eligible for warranty service due to any misuse defined in this warranty, the Customer may be charged for repair or replacement of the unit. The Customer must agree that replacement unit may not be a brand new unit, though the condition of the replacement unit may equal or exceed the original purchased unit.
Any customer not satisfied with any hardware product they purchased may return it to Lime Technology within 30 days of shipment. All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Shipping costs are non-refundable. Customer agrees to use only reputable carriers capable of providing proof of delivery and insurance for the entire value of the shipment. Customer agrees to bear all shipping charges and all risk of loss for the returned product during shipment. All returned products must be 100% complete, in new condition and free from any wear or damage to any components. Returns must be made in the original shipping container and packaging. If any component is missing or damaged, Lime Technology may choose to impose additional charges against the Customer for replacement of the missing or damaged component.
Please note there are no returns for Registration Key files.
Any hard drive purchased through Lime Technology is covered through the hard drive manufacturer’s warranty.