- If you are running any release of unRAID v4 or v5, then you want the older documentation, please go to Unofficial Documentation - old.
- Warning! This has not been fully updated for v6!
Welcome to the User Contributed Content section of the wiki.
These documents are all submitted by ordinary users, unRAID community members. Some are more expert than others, but each can contribute, for the benefit of all.
Here you can find:
- Answers to common questions provided by knowledgeable unRAID users.
- Saves hours of forum reading by finding many answers all in one place.
All users are encouraged to document any information they believe relevant here. Even the most trivial detail will likely help someone else. Here's a great quote from the Wiki Help :
The number one rule of wiki editing, is to be bold. Dive in and make changes. Other people can correct mistakes later, so have confidence, and give it a try! There can be all kinds of editing conventions, rules, and philosophy governing the editing of wiki pages, but the "be bold" rule overrides these!
So why not Start Contributing?
The following links will help you navigate to the appropriate information:
- Getting Started (needs updating!)
- Guides and Videos - sections for all known guides, videos, manuals, and FAQ's for unRAID
- Compare License Features - Which version is right for you?
- Official unRAID Software Downloads - Get unRAID here
- Hardware Compatibility - Are your motherboard, networking, and disk controllers compatible? (old!)
- USB Flash Drive Preparation - Quick guide to making your unRAID bootable USB flash drive (old!)
- Official Manual - Read this at least once. It won't take long and your unRAID experience will greatly benefit from it (for a PDF version, go here)
- Un-Official UnRAID Manual - This is a work in progress - completely un-official, but edited and enhanced by unRAID users. It is unfortunately not up-to-date (old!)
- Release Notes - A change history, of features added and bugs fixed (but not updated for many v6 versions) (old!)
- Configuration Tutorial - A step-by-step tutorial for new users of unRAID once you have a working bootable USB drive. (this is a little raw, and written for v5, feel free to suggest improvements where it might be made more clear) (old!)
- Learn More
- Having Problems? Need Help?
- Need help? Read me first!
- Troubleshooting - Help for problems with your unRAID system
- Support - What support can you expect, where can you get it, clarifications on Community vs. Commercial? (old!)
- unRAID Support Forums - The unRAID forums are a great source of help, for searching, for asking, and for helping others
- IRC Channel - This channel seems to be closed due to lack of interest. Do not count on being able to use this channel for help.
- Want to do more with your unRAID box?
- Want to contribute to this wiki (anyone can)?
- Benchmarks, Gallery and Reviews
The content of this wiki is, as a whole or partly, created and edited by the users, and Lime-Technology is not responsible nor liable for the content.