[6.2 beta] Share disappears when copying files to it, potential file corruption.

Hi,

Still trying to find my feet with unRAID.

I had an issue last week when running a number of preclears in parallel, https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=47893.0 but this new issue appears different.

I was copying several TB of video files from my Windows server to unRAID via TeraCopy. When I left it copying this morning it was fine. When I returned this evening the transfer had stopped and the Teracopy error was "The specified network name is no longer available".

I can browse to unRAID via a windows machine. It lets me go through all the shares (none appear to be missing), however if I double-click on a video file to play it, it just hangs.

Nothing in the dashboard indicates there's an issue with the array.

I can't see any issues in the syslog either.

I checked the /var/log folder as that's what caused the issue last week and it isn't very full so I don't believe its that.

I'm currently running 6.2.0 beta20. I've also got a few dockers running which I was playing around with over the last week.

Now I assume if I reboot the unRAID machine then the issue will be resolved.

Currently I feel like I'm flying blind as I don't really know where to start looking in order to find where the issue might be.

Does anyone have any advice as to what could be the issue, but also where do you start looking for clues as to what could have caused it?

I've attached a diagnostics file.

I've had a quick look at it, but as I don't really know what to look for, nothing immediately springs out to what could have caused the share to disappear from Windows.

I've seen mentioned of unRAID being a little bit flaky with SMB, so is this just one of those issues? Once again, if it is, how do you diagnose that?

Any help, much appreciated.

unraid-diagnostics-20160406-1914.zip

I have had a closer look at the files that were copied as part of this process and rather worryingly it appears that the final 4 files that were copied before the issue took place have been corrupted.

A little more concerning is that they were copied using TeraCopy and that successfully copied them based on the checksums matching.

However when I try and play any of the files, although they start, they eventually hang before reaching the end.

Just to echo these comments, I too have had problems since changing from b19 to b20 & b21

I am having problems copying files into shares, where Terracopy locks up when copying files to a share

On closing Terracopy, Windows Explorer on all of my LAN PC's locks up too, and can't even show local drives.

The only solution which I have found is to reboot the array. Also I have found since moving to b20 & b21, if I stop the array, the GUI does not refesh to allow me to reboot, Instead I have to reboot manually instead

I have now migrated back to b19 for the time being

I am having problems copying files into shares, where Terracopy locks up when copying files to a share

On closing Terracopy, Windows Explorer on all of my LAN PC's locks up too, and can't even show local drives.

Just to make sure that I reading correctly what you wrote.

You're saying that when teracopy locks up writing to unRaid, every other machine hooked up to your lan also locks up.

In this case, you've got some bad networking equipment (router / cables) 

I might be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that teracopy has issues but I can't remember where.  I know I stopped using it for a reason.

Having said that it may have been when I was using a different server OS than Unraid....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

1)  Please update to beta21 and try to recreate your issue.  There were some issues with samba in the earlier betas.

2)  Please keep feedback relating to the betas in the announcement post (they really don't belong here in general support).

Reply on the beta21 thread after you've updated and recreated the issue.  I'm going to close this thread for now.